37 replies to this topic

#31 Rxanadu

Rxanadu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:55 PM

I'm trying to run Chimps2618 right now, but I don't have a "Chimps" in my Applications menu. However, the Chimps2618 folder is in my Apps folder on the E drive. The only thing that works for me is the "default.xbe" file, and that brings me to a Gentoox menu. Is that supposed to happen?

#32 Rxanadu

Rxanadu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:30 AM

I finally went through the trouble of getting the drive cloned and locked only to be hit with an error page (with no numbers in the top-left) at boot-up. I'm wondering what went wrong. I got a compatible harddrive and everything. I think is has to do with the HD not being reliable with a "1 2 3 4" or something.

Edit: Was I supposed to set the drive to master afterwards to trick the Xbox mb into thinking it was the real deal? I didn't do that when I tested it last. I also opted to clone "byte-by-byte", not for the partition cloning.

Edited by Rxanadu, 25 July 2011 - 05:55 AM.

#33 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:39 PM

Once you get a 4GB or less USB memory stick make sure it actually works on the Xbox. Attach it and as it will likely be FAT16 or 32 formatted the MS dash will give you an error message before formating it (to FATX).

If after that you still get an error message and/or the memory device does not appear in your MS dash 'Memory' or it or saves disappears from the dash during testing it is incompatible with the Xbox and obviously can't be used for this purpose.

When you attached it to the PC of course ignore any pop-up suggesting a reformat, you need to keep it FATX throughout the process.

It is sometimes forgotten that a Xbox 8MB official memory card and Xbox controller to USB adapter cable can be used to get the saves from PC to Xbox too. Both are still possible to source online.

#34 Rxanadu

Rxanadu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:02 PM

I just set the hd to master and put it in the system. It seems to work normally now, but I noticed something something a bit odd: the F drive says "0.00GB", and the E drive read about 2300MB on it. That makes no sense to me, since there should be tons of space on my new hd. Aside from this, though, it seems like everything is intact, including my saved copy of Doom 3: RoH.

Hopefully, I didn't do anything wrong by putting the jumper to master.

#35 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:29 PM

try to enable F and G partitions in your unleashx dash.
i guess the partition tables could be wrong though due to cloning a 8gb hdd.
so i would use xbpartitioner Thats 1 of the applications that hexen can install for you.

#36 Rxanadu

Rxanadu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:51 PM

I think everything's alright with the Xbox: I copied my copy of Halo 1 to the G drive, and it played perfectly from DVD2Xbox. I'm not able to see the game on my general menu, though, and XBMC still doesn't seem to work for me. I'll check after a while; I'm copying Halo 2 to the G drive now, so it could take a while.

#37 Rxanadu

Rxanadu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:24 PM

Turns out I may have to mess around with the partitions, after all. FTP doesn't pick up any F or G drives.

#38 Rxanadu

Rxanadu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:49 PM

I'm finally done with softmodding my Xbox in the way I wanted. Everything's working smoothly in terms of saving all my games to HD. Thanks again to all the people who helped me in the process. I hope you continue to aid people in need for this sort of thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users