• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Xtra-Radical

Xtra-Radical

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:52 AM

Just want to make somebody aware that there is a serious sound glitch in all PC Engine CD games run by the latest MednafenX PCE -- Madmab edition.

Whenever you play a game from the HDD, the CD track will either:

1. stop when the track ends and never come back on or

2. if you die in certain games, the music will stop playing when you continue and it never comes back on.

In some games, the sound glitching is just plain weird. For Dracula X Rondo of Blood, the boss music will keep playing through the victory tune after a boss is defeated. Or play Mugen Senshi Valis I, Valis II, or Valis III. Die on purpose. Wait for the music to come back on....then keep waiting forever.

These glitches with music playing over itself and stopping completely will only affect CD based games. The thing is, a huge part of the novelty and value of even playing CD based games on PC Engine is due to each game's CD soundtrack.

I just want to get this out there to the master coders so that it can be fixed. The whole emulation community will really appreciate it. love.gif

Edited by Xtra-Radical, 20 July 2011 - 05:54 AM.

#2 JLsoft

JLsoft

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:29 AM

When you have a chance, grab http://jlsoft.mine.n...xb_pce_cues.rar and use of the .CUEs from there with a game you're having problems with. (Rename the files or edit the .CUE to match of course)

...disregard this if you're using the RessurectionXtras TG-16/PCE release. :)

#3 Xtra-Radical

Xtra-Radical

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:35 AM

So this will work with the last version released by Xport then? I don't mind rolling back to that version at all if it means these CD games are gonna play like they're supposed to.

Thanks a bunch for this. I'll go test and see if there's an improvement.

Edited by Xtra-Radical, 20 July 2011 - 07:38 AM.

#4 JLsoft

JLsoft

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:53 AM

I meant the RessX release of the CD isos/mp3s themselves, because that's where these .CUEs are from, and CD tracks played fine for me.

#5 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:15 AM

Those bugs have since been fixed by me. However it does not completely fix everything. You will also need the perfect cue's that elconejotres is working on to fully enjoy the experience.

#6 elconejotres

elconejotres

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:44 PM

Yep Madmab did a terrific and awesome job fixing that, I'm only contributing with some fixes, BTW the file with the CUE's posted in the above reply doesn't going to help you at at all, those CUE's are the same old ones posted over and over in the internet, generated with the superb tool called tocfixer but useless in some regards in the xbox, check my topic in emuxtras, I've fixed some games so far (Valis 1 included)
and posted links to DL them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users