• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Xtra-Radical

Xtra-Radical

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:01 AM

Just want to make somebody aware that there is a serious sound glitch in all PC Engine CD games run by the latest MednafenX PCE -- Madmab edition.

Whenever you play a game from the HDD, the CD track will either:

1. stop when the track ends and never come back on or

2. if you die in certain games, the music will stop playing when you continue and it never comes back on.

In some games, the sound glitching is just plain weird. For Dracula X Rondo of Blood, the boss music will keep playing through the victory tune after a boss is defeated. Or play Mugen Senshi Valis I, Valis II, or Valis III. Die on purpose. Wait for the music to come back on....then keep waiting forever.

These glitches with music playing over itself and stopping completely will only affect CD based games. The thing is, a huge part of the novelty and value of even playing CD based games on PC Engine is due to each game's CD soundtrack.

I just want to get this out there to the master coders so that it can be fixed. The whole emulation community will really appreciate it. love.gif

#2 waal

waal

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:15 AM

Madmad fixed that issue and Elconejo13 is working on fixed CDDA games as well. I did some testing and it works fine. But I suppose they need to do more testings before any release.

Edited by waal, 20 July 2011 - 11:19 AM.

#3 DarthMingus

DarthMingus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:39 PM

Big thumbs up! Elconejo13 and Madmab rock!

#4 elconejotres

elconejotres

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:13 AM

Come join us in emuxtras, I posted various fixes to DL in the forums, they work fine even with the glitch, or you can wait a little longer until Madmab release the mednafenx pce V6, hey waal is elconejotres or elconejo3 haha you gave me ten more numbers tongue.gif

#5 waal

waal

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE(elconejotres @ Jul 25 2011, 07:13 AM) View Post

Come join us in emuxtras, I posted various fixes to DL in the forums, they work fine even with the glitch, or you can wait a little longer until Madmab release the mednafenx pce V6, hey waal is elconejotres or elconejo3 haha you gave me ten more numbers tongue.gif

That's because because tres=3 in spanish but in french, treize=13 laugh.gif . Nice to hear you anyway. wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users