#1 cozmo72

cozmo72

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:06 AM

hi guys,

im trying to get a collection of background fan art piks for use in xbmc. i have all the xbox covers i need but the backgrounds just finish the whole thing off. take a look at the vid below to see what i mean.

if anybody has any backgrounds they are willing to share let me know and we can try and get a little repo going for them. also the piks need to be good qual as they will be filling the full screen.

p.s. sorry for the bad quality video, all the piks are high qual though. if anybody knows how i can upload the vid in better quality on you tube it would be much appreciated!

cheers guys smile.gif

#2 Mega Man (?)

Mega Man (?)

X-S Genius

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:11 AM

none, that I know of?

Anyone???

best bet would be to just start your own collection... and then share biggrin.gif

#3 BillyBobX

BillyBobX

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:56 PM

This is a cool idea and one I may be willing to help with however I don't have an XBMC skin that allows for this feature. So.. I think the first place you would want to start is explaining how this works and where to get the appropriate XBMC components to make it work.

BBX

#4 Master13

Master13

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:59 AM

Cool stuff I wouldn't mind helping on a project like this but like BillybobX said how do you get that to work? I'm on a SD TV if that matters

#5 cozmo72

cozmo72

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:35 AM

Hi guys really easy to do:

First - get xbmc. Can get it from xbmc4xbox.org either FTP it to your apps folder or if you want it as your default dash just follow the dash instructions on the AID disk ( google it u can find it easy enough)

Second- get the correct skin. The skin I'm using is transparency v2.11 can also download that fro
The website above, this in my opinion gives u the best look to view fan art. Alot of the other skins support fan art too though.

Third - your pretty much done. Few little things. Just need to go on skin settings and enable the game and emulator tabs ( I disabled music and movie tabs as I thought these just looked to clutter the main screen) then click the game tab and it will ask for a source for the games directory in this folder. Usually f:/ games or g:/games.

Fourth - click the game tab and all your games will pop up, press left on the road and change the view to fanart.

Fifth - find some cool picks to go with your games. Popular games aren't hard to find piks for, just the lesser know games. To put the case art into a game save the picture as default.tbn and put it in the root directory of the actual game. For example for halo you would put the case art in f:/games/halo. For fan art, the background picture you save your Pik as fanart.tbn or fanart.jpg and put it in the same place; the actual game directory. Then it shows the case art and the fan art.

Any probs let me know. Let me know if you find and cool piks. I'll upload all the ones I have and post a link on here

Press left on the road??? That's the predictive text on my phone... It's crap... Ment to say press left and change the view to fan art. Also when you have enabled the game and emulator tabs go back to the home
Screen and then click on the game tab to add a source. Sorry didn't proof read it!

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users