#1 Triple C

Triple C

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:57 AM

Can someone please explain the exact process of how a JTAG is detected and banned. I mean when does M$ check to see if you are running a retail dash? Thanks

#2 No_Name

No_Name

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:57 PM

I am not sure what is detected, but as the system is running a modified system which they can read through a live command it is easy to get a hash of the running code and see it does not match a signed and retail setup.

They ban the console ID which can not be changed preventing the console connecting to live again.

#3 ruciz

ruciz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE(Triple C @ Jul 22 2011, 07:57 AM) View Post

Can someone please explain the exact process of how a JTAG is detected and banned. I mean when does M$ check to see if you are running a retail dash? Thanks

Whats detected is that the system isn't running SIGNED CODE.
The dash is UNSIGNED, the games are UNSIGNED, the SMC is modified, the NAND has additional XeLL sectors, the HDD/USB storage has additional files, hypervisor is bypassed... These are a few of the basics.

When they ban - they ban the consoles keyvault. This contains the 'console specific' info like MAC, CPU key, serials, etc.

If you have another unbanned xbox you know the CPU key to - you can dump THAT keyvault and write it to your jtag. This will get you back online as that unbanned xbox for 20 sec to infinity, until MS sees again that console is doing things its not supposed to be able to do, and again blocks that keyvault from the live service.

Considering its a 2-way live service thats monitored for this EXACT scenario (MS can download freeboot and flash xboxes with them to see how they act) it'll be hard to sneak through unless you write your own exploit, or know the signing keys so you don't have to jtag but can just run signed software similar to the ps3 hack.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users