5 replies to this topic

#1 NaokiS

NaokiS

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:13 AM

Hi all.

Very new to Xbox modding and after hours of fussing I helped my friend mod her xbox via HDD Hotswapping, I have a working softmodded Xbox.

Problems include:
  • Some apps, like Doom Legacy just don't work. They try to load but reset back to the dash. - XBMC Seems to load them fine
  • Ultimate DOOM and Network playing in Doom Legacy sends it back to the launcher
  • The microsoft Xbox dash boots with E21
What I'd like:
  • Ultimate DOOM and Network play to hopefully work
  • The MS dash to work
  • XMBC to be the default dash instead of Evolution-X

I understand somethings oculd be just early software revisions but these are dated 2004..
Before I did anything, I looked for newb-friendly guides and found and followed this guide to the letter. With trial and error with gett he disk to unlock and read, like I said, we got EvoX to work. However we did run into a problem before, where I before had misread the Kernal number and installed the wrong type. I fixed the install CD with the right kernal, but to fix the Xbox I formated the entrie drive and started from scratch. This, other than disk, is a standard unmoded Xbox.

The MS dash boots with the eject button so I'd like to get it working.

Any help would be a great help smile.gif

Edited by NaokiS, 23 July 2011 - 12:38 AM.

#2 cozmo72

cozmo72

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:43 AM

Didn't understand the last bit? So have you got yourself a working softmodded xbox? What size is the hard drive? Can't remember the proper name Off the top of my head but deluxe installer cd ( search google and itl come up) has an option to install xbmc as ur default dash, in my opinion that's the easiest way of doing it. Do you know how to FTP?

#3 NaokiS

NaokiS

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE(cozmo72 @ Jul 22 2011, 11:43 PM) View Post

Didn't understand the last bit? So have you got yourself a working softmodded xbox? What size is the hard drive? Can't remember the proper name Off the top of my head but deluxe installer cd ( search google and itl come up) has an option to install xbmc as ur default dash, in my opinion that's the easiest way of doing it. Do you know how to FTP?

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, the Xbox is working perfectly. It's the original sized harddrive, about 10gig, but 8gig partitioned. Would that be AID? And yes, using FileZilla I have FTP access to all drives and folders.

#4 cozmo72

cozmo72

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:32 AM

That's the one buddy, just download a copy of that and you should be sorted. Just so u know it sometimes takes a while to load up. Also Think you have posted in the wrong section too mate, any future probs pop them in the newbie chat section, chances are more people can help you then. Let me know of your stuck again mate smile.gif

#5 NaokiS

NaokiS

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE(cozmo72 @ Jul 23 2011, 11:32 AM) View Post

That's the one buddy, just download a copy of that and you should be sorted. Just so u know it sometimes takes a while to load up. Also Think you have posted in the wrong section too mate, any future probs pop them in the newbie chat section, chances are more people can help you then. Let me know of your stuck again mate smile.gif

As I've read, the Xbox is fussy and none of my recordable media works. Is there anything else I can do? I can't go out and buy different media. FTP is the easiest way for me to access the Xbox.

#6 cozmo72

cozmo72

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:17 PM

Yeah u can do it that way aswell but there's a bit of moving files and renaming involved, this is where google is your best friend wink.gif this should do the trick though

http://forums.afterd...view.cfm/376141

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users