• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:11 AM

C4E: Black Ops Booting on 2.0.13599.0 Dashboard
Posted by XanTium | July 25 22:11 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From team-xecuter.com:

As you all know (or should know), the AP2.5 challenges changed dramatically with the latest dashboard (not in the dae.bin either)

Over 140+ unique challenges were logged and that wasn’t even the end of it !

Anyway after speaking to C4 this morning, he told me that he has BO booting finally with yet another new firmware hack.

Early days yet, lots of testing needed. More news soon.

If you want the latest news updates, guides and info for firmware – join the OFFICIAL IRC channel #C4E !

#2 tazmad

tazmad

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:21 AM

C4E never stops surprising me with his talent, New FW hack you say, sounds interesting.
Keep up the good work everyone helping with the FW testing and what not.

Yeah almost 6 years since I have joined this site & I now broke the 20 post mark
to be honest though if I need to know something I don't just post I research for ages
& usually find the answer. Thats why I love this site & visit it 5+ times a day.

Edited by tazmad, 26 July 2011 - 04:25 AM.

#3 ORange-9mm

ORange-9mm

X-S Young Member

• Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:29 AM

QUOTE(tazmad @ Jul 25 2011, 10:21 PM) View Post

Yeah almost 6 years since I have joined this site & I now broke the 20 post mark
to be honest though if I need to know something I don't just post I research for ages
& usually find the answer. Thats why I love this site & visit it 5+ times a day.

Indeed.

#4 antonio010

antonio010

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:33 AM

It's a shame others don't follow that sentiment.

#5 tomgreen99200

tomgreen99200

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE(tazmad @ Jul 25 2011, 11:21 PM) View Post

C4E never stops surprising me with his talent, New FW hack you say, sounds interesting.
Keep up the good work everyone helping with the FW testing and what not.

I kinda like it too biggrin.gif Back on topic, does this mean a firmware update? Or just patches like in the past?

#6 angrykid

angrykid

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:50 AM

sounds like the dev of LT 1.91 biggrin.gif

#7 klbarnes1

klbarnes1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:17 AM

This sucks, all the good new games will have this, and they (MS) will start changing it on a regular basis! Looks like the good ole days of playing backups is almost over! sad.gif

Edited by klbarnes1, 26 July 2011 - 05:19 AM.

#8 ichigoxxx

ichigoxxx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:19 AM

QUOTE(klbarnes1 @ Jul 26 2011, 12:17 AM) View Post

This sucks, all the good new games will have this, and they (MS) will start changing it on a regular basis! Looks like the good ole days of playing backups is almost over! sad.gif

if its a backup just play the original wink.gif

#9 klbarnes1

klbarnes1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:22 AM

I don't understand how an original copy of BO can play on all the updates but the backups don't. Does that mean the backup isn't an exact replica of the original? uhh.gif

I do have an original of Black Ops because over the last 8 months you've only been able to play a backup of it for about 5 of those months. So yes I really do have an original of black ops! cool.gif

#10 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE(klbarnes1 @ Jul 25 2011, 10:22 PM) View Post
I don't understand how an original copy of BO can play on all the updates but the backups don't. Does that mean the backup isn't an exact replica of the original? uhh.gif

What you're supposing is correct. As I understand the security, challenges are performed on the angles of the disc, which aren't present on burned media. Retail discs are actually etched, while home discs are created using dyes. These consumer discs don't have the angles that retail discs have, so it's impossible to create a one-to-one copy and security data must be stored on the discs themselves rather than letting the drive calculate the values of the challenges. Since retail discs have are etched, the drive can always calculate the challenges, and C4E has built this into his custom firmware.

There might be other reasons for not being able to create a one-to-one copy, but those are the most that my tired brain can muster at this late an hour.

#11 GHR

GHR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:01 AM

QUOTE(klbarnes1 @ Jul 26 2011, 05:22 AM) View Post

Of course not.
XBC tells you that before you make your backup.

Every new update brings new ap2.5 shit that takes time & effort 2 figure out, Tiros was right all along I guess.
unsure.gif

#12 AmyGrrl

AmyGrrl

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:09 AM

News likes this makes me just want to put the stock firmware back on my Live XBOX and just stick to playing backups on my JTAG.

#13 ruciz

ruciz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE(Aldanga @ Jul 26 2011, 05:57 AM) View Post

What you're supposing is correct. As I understand the security, challenges are performed on the angles of the disc, which aren't present on burned media. Retail discs are actually etched, while home discs are created using dyes. These consumer discs don't have the angles that retail discs have, so it's impossible to create a one-to-one copy and security data must be stored on the discs themselves rather than letting the drive calculate the values of the challenges. Since retail discs have are etched, the drive can always calculate the challenges, and C4E has built this into his custom firmware.

There might be other reasons for not being able to create a one-to-one copy, but those are the most that my tired brain can muster at this late an hour.

Awesome explanation. MS can create a challenge that can only be successfully responded to from an offical pressed copy. These were known (only 5 possible challenges for game for example) and they were ripped and stored on the burnt disc. When a challenge was called, this table was read and the response spit back - just like the original drive but without doing the actual challenge. Since it is a pressed disc, every response would be identical and therefore the response could be calculated with an original disc and could be shared. easy.

Then came AP2.5. This gives MS a lot more flexibility. It works differently. Slim was also designed AROUND the AP2.5 design and the known problem of drive flashing.
MS can essentially 'roll' keys now, and overwrite firmwares. So they do a DIFFERENT challenge (updated firmware) on the same old disc, with a different response. now you need a patch.
Every time they 'roll' a key - you may need a new firmware, AP2.5 patch, or both.
The DVD firmware can hold 50 potential/unknown AP2.5 keys, per game...
MS taking baby steps right now. C4E can barely keep up. still 0272 issues.. nevermind the untouched drives. MS throws AP2.5 curveball at him. 1/6 games going a week later. Still no public AP2.5 ripping firmware, MS can change AP2.5 on the fly so its pointless. really playing on borrowed time. If MS ever does start strides - its game over

Edited by ruciz, 26 July 2011 - 06:20 AM.

#14 compute x

compute x

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:00 AM

Wow! Great information.

So one question: is the current CFW safe for LIVE except for AP 2.5 games?

#15 scorpionrecords

scorpionrecords

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE(compute x @ Jul 26 2011, 01:00 AM) View Post

Wow! Great information.

So one question: is the current CFW safe for LIVE except for AP 2.5 games?

Its safe for now but don't update again until you are sure.

Edited by scorpionrecords, 26 July 2011 - 07:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users