#1 shapper

shapper

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:21 PM

Hello,
I have a controller with reflow oven to reflow the xbox motherboard
However, some error is difficult to be repaired and I have some back, I think the controller should not follow a proper reflow
I would like to know if anyone knows the exact temperature curve for a xbox 360 reflow oven to reflow
thank you

#2 thedark1

thedark1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:36 PM

I don't think most people are understanding what you are asking. I got the temp part but the rest I don't understand. At any rate you should be able to google it and get a few ideas on the temps you needs.

#3 dangerouseddy

dangerouseddy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:22 PM

http://forums.xbox-e....php?f=8&t=1110

My reflow profile is a little more intensive and in my opinion assures a complete reflow, it is a follows:

1 click per sec:
90C for 1 min
190C for 1 min
250C for 1 min
300C for 30 sec
350C for 20 sec
375C for 20 sec
Go back down to 200, one or 2 clicks per second (3-6 deg per second), then down to 90 as fast as it will go.
Cool for 3-5 min. (no need to cool any longer, I have measured temps and it is plenty cool after that amount of time)
The reason I go for longer at the 190C and 250C range is because that is just below and just above the reflow temp of 217C. I think this is important so that you assure reflow, then you go up higher for a short amount of time because you want the solder to reach around 230C briefly.

i dunno if those temps are correct or not. but that forum might have some other helpfull posts.

Edited by dangerouseddy, 27 July 2011 - 09:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users