• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BuddyRich

BuddyRich

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:21 AM

Is there any problem softmodding over an Xbox that is/has been hardmodded?

Bad bios flash disabled the mod chip. While I am awaiting the programmer to reprogram I am going to softmod.

I don't think there is a problem, though my harddrive already has an e: partitition with evox, some utils, etc.

I could also softmod and just use it to get my eeprom and prepare a totally new (bigger) HDD, which I plan to do anyway.

For my softmod, I have splinter cell and a USB to xbox cable and USB key which can store the savegames, which is the best savegame softmod to use? NDURE 1.1.1?

For that matter does the softmod have LBA48 support and the capability for one large F partiition? (Say 490GB as it is a 500GB IDE drive I would use) like some of the modded xecuter bios' allow?

If I do go ahead and just prepare a new HDD with the softmod in place, any tutorials in place to clone my harddrive over to the new hdd? I've seen some mention of CHIMP, would this be better than xboxhdm? My HDD is lockable so...

#2 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:19 AM

cant answer anything about the chipped stuff,
but softmods can support large drives. just use xbpartitioner to format f and g after you have the soft mod installed.
i like krazie ndure 1.1.1 for my Splinter cell soft mod,
i then use hexen "heimdall's xbox engineering disk"
hexen can also install xbpartitioner to your applications on your soft mod so you will be wanting that for larger drives.
when it comes to xbox hard disk upgrades on a softmod, i prefer using xboxhdm 1.9 and the eeprom. Provided you can dissable your bios detecting the hard disk and you have the eeprom its by far the safest method imo due to not having to swap any cables during the process. "if you cant disable your bios then you need to swap cables"

hope that covers most of your questions.

Edited by shambles1980, 27 July 2011 - 05:21 AM.

#3 BuddyRich

BuddyRich

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:37 PM

What do you mean by this:

"Provided you can dissable your bios detecting the hard disk and you have the eeprom its by far the safest method"

I would have to disable my PC bios or the Xbox bios from seeing the HDD? How will xboxbdm enumerate it in Linux if the PC can't find it?

#4 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:41 PM

the pc bios..
You tell the pc bios no hard disk is installed as promary master, or set the auto detect of sectors to off instead of auto. or in the case of dell systems just set that channel to off.

if you cant do that "some cant" you can connect the hard disk to the ide but not connect the 4 pin molex untill after the bios has finished it post and failed to detect the drive.

the reason for all of this is because the pc's bios will freeze the drive if it detects it and then you cant lock it.
But xboxhdm can detect it after the bios fails to detect it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users