• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Peanut76

Peanut76

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:05 AM

Just from a look around this seems like a pretty popular error. I've been googling for hours to solve this on my own and am now going to ask the experts, since I'm rather new.

Basically, I successfully modified 2 xboxes. The first XBOX I modified, I mounted via curlftpfs and like a true noob deleted the dash from the root and my save exploits are no longer loaded on the xbox hard drive. So I pull out the drive and connect it to my PC, set as a primary master (Had to disable auto detect tho) and it shows up fine under xbrowser and via the copy methods. I'm wondering if xboxhdm 2.2 is somehow corrupting the files as it transfers them over?

I do have an eeprom.bin backup, however. With this, I've run through the usual xboxhdm to restore the xbox with the retail dash and files. (Of course ensuring that all files are there.) I'm doing this via xboxhdm 2.2. I'm not attempting to upgrade my XBOX, I'm simply trying to get the original hard drive to boot either the original dash or a 3rd party dash.

HD is detected fine, unlocks fine, locks fine, *seems* to copy fine via a full wipe through xboxhd as well as a restore of C, however I still boot in to error 21. I've tried to do an update via splinter cell (The game I used to load krayzie 1.1.1 orginally) Even after the update, still error 21. If I try to copy the SC exploit files to UDATA and load the exploit in SC the game simply freezes up completely after hitting Check Points. I've tried wiping just to ensure something wasn't preventing the exploits from loading. The exploit is fresh and not copied from another exploit attempt.

I've tried installing the original files and then going the ndure route with core files, generic kernel and installer and what happens at that point is I won't boot to the error 21 screen but it instead will sit at the XBOX Logo with microsoft beneath it and will not load further. I've made sure that the eeprom serial matches the xbox and that all checks out fine, too.

I'm pretty much drawing a blank at this point.

Thanks for any help that you can give smile.gif

Small Update: If I copy across the files to C: and E: after wiping them in Midnight Commander it boots to Error 13.

Edited by Peanut76, 28 July 2011 - 07:35 AM.

#2 Peanut76

Peanut76

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:14 AM

I guess I just have to accept the fact that this isn't going to work. I took a perfectly vanilla backup of the working xbox and copied it file for file to a newly partitioned drive by xboxhdm with MC and still, error 21.

#3 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:35 AM

Try using a live-enabled game (Halo 2 or later) to restore the dash. Just start to log in to live, if you're lucky the first thing the game should do is to update / restore the dash.

#4 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:14 PM

If the halo 2 method dosent help I'd use xboxhdm 1.9, "that only uses cd/dvd though" and it Sounds like your backup of the C: is a backup of the shadow c: though.
Id try to get the c: files from a working box. "soft moded or not" but make sure yor not backing up the shadow c:

Unfortunatly i cant give you the c or e files that you need because they are MS's property. But they can be found on some rescue disks..

if you can simply add the numbered save folders to the udata folder on E you should be able to soft mod, if you have been accidentaly copying the shadow c over, the soft mod should still see your updated dash folder and continue.
error 13 and 21 arent so bad they are dashboard errors. It shouldnt be too hard to fix..

P.S
Its not a bad idea to have a xboxhdm disk with working files on it ready it dosent have to have the eeprom data on it. and then you can make a 4gb dvd with the c: and e: drive and have some apps on there as well. And you can use that to prepair all your hard disks, then have xboxhdm cd's with only the eeprom data fo each drive on them for locking the drives afterwards.

#5 Peanut76

Peanut76

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:28 PM

Solved.

Not sure if this is a limitation or the way slax works or something specific to xboxhdm..

Files that are copied by MC and/or xboxhdm have their file names truncated.

When I unlocked the drive and accessed it via xplorer360 in windows you can clearly see some of the longer named files being cut off.

Example:

xboxdash.xbe would be something like xboxda~1.xbe

I copied the files over via xplorer360 and it's all working now.

(Gonna add some tag text in the hopes that anyone unfortunate enough to come across this issue can fix it)
xboxhdm xboxhd2 xboxhd error 13 error 21 error21 error13 softmod splinter cell ndure xplorer360 unlock lock

Edited by Peanut76, 28 July 2011 - 01:36 PM.

#6 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:44 PM

thats 8.3 dos format file names.
never seen that issue b4

#7 Peanut76

Peanut76

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE(shambles1980 @ Jul 28 2011, 01:44 PM) View Post

thats 8.3 dos format file names.
never seen that issue b4

Saw another poster with this same problem. If I find his post again I'll link it.

#8 Peanut76

Peanut76

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:17 AM

Is this worth looking in to or fixing or is the XBOX not worth the time these days?

#9 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE(Peanut76 @ Jul 31 2011, 06:17 AM) View Post

Is this worth looking in to or fixing or is the XBOX not worth the time these days?

Xbox is awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users