7 replies to this topic

#1 Rxanadu

Rxanadu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:38 PM

I wanted to backup my copy of Freedom Fighters but was unable to for some reason. My original Xbox can't read the disc, but I was able to beat the game outright on the 360; it doesn't make sense, but that's not the main issue. After I got a torrent online, I realized there was no .xbe file to be seen (as I had read about on this site). Instead, I found a .sfv file and a bunch of files that have "-drb-###" as extensions, where the # are actually numbers.

If anyone can help me out with this, I would appreciate it. Heck, I'd just like to know what these files do in the first place.

#2 Rxanadu

Rxanadu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:29 PM

I've dug a little further, and I found some forum posts stating that the dgr files are involved with original Xbox and PSP games in some form or fashion. I thought all games needed .xbe files to run, so I'm wondering if I can dig into the Freedom Fighter files and find one there.

Again, any help in this will be greatly appreciated.

#3 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:44 AM

Downloading games is Illegal, so it against the rules to post about it.

#4 Master13

Master13

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:58 AM

he clearly owns the game but can't back up his copy so I think its ok right or does he have to prove but posting an image? The 360 just has a better laser and can read games better. Not to sure what the files are bad rip maybe fake torrent uhh.gif . I think you should just find another download

#5 Retroplay

Retroplay

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:32 PM

sfv files are used to verify files for errors.
http://win-sfv-checker.fyxm.net/

The 001, 002 (or r01, r02) files are just standard rar files you can extract either using 7zip or WinRAR.

Edited by Retroplay, 02 August 2011 - 12:35 PM.

#6 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE(Master13 @ Aug 2 2011, 08:58 AM) View Post

he clearly owns the game but can't back up his copy so I think its ok right or does he have to prove but posting an image? The 360 just has a better laser and can read games better. Not to sure what the files are bad rip maybe fake torrent uhh.gif . I think you should just find another download

Number 1. I read his post. It's still illegal and against the rules.
Number 2. Your not helping the situation by encouraging him to do it again.

You guys should feel lucky that I am not a moderator. All 3 of you would probably be temp-banned.

Edited by xboxmods2977, 03 August 2011 - 03:43 AM.

#7 Master13

Master13

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:55 AM

I don't condone piracy. When you buy a game you are not buying the game or the disc you are buying a license to play that game. Your game disc and case are your proof you own a license. As long as he keeps the case and game disc and plays a back up he is doing nothing wrong. I know warez and torrent are not supposed to be spoken about here I was just saying what I would do lets get off this topic and try to help him.

#8 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:56 AM

I'm still trying to figure out what this has to do with Xport / Madmab Edition Projects... jester.gif

muhaha.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users