• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hehateme2bro

hehateme2bro

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:20 PM

I was just wondering if it would be possible to port RCT 2 to XBox? I know that the first Roller Coaster Tycoon with its expansion packs were an official XBox release, and from what I have read Roller Coaster Tycoon and its expansion packs didn't really change all that much in graphics or game engine from the first one, just new scenarios and rides. Does anybody who actually knows how to do this (unlike me who is a noob lol) think it would work?

#2 Master13

Master13

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

I don't think Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 is open source I couldn't find a source. While it would be possible just looking at the specs if we don't have the source we can't port then comes the issue of finding a porter unless you learn too

#3 moonmaster1

moonmaster1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:05 AM

I hope this helps out.

http://en.wikipedia....rce_video_games

#4 Master13

Master13

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE(moonmaster1 @ Aug 2 2011, 06:05 PM) View Post

I don't see how that would help blink.gif since neither of us are porters and I already pointed out its not open source if the source was released it would run though

#5 moonmaster1

moonmaster1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:50 PM

Its simply a list of sources so If anyone were to request a game that has not been ported already.

Frankly not a whole lot of game developers release their source code, most of general hacking and porting is through dissembling. That is why we can play such goodies such as Super Mario Bros. for genesis or Mega Man 1 on PCe CD with CD tracks, and the numerous Mario world and Sonic hacks.

Besides a developer has to be interested in the game and console for him to want to port it. You can tell that to ever new member and they would never get it.

Xbox homebrew is in a state of decline (an understatement for sure) and unless you guys know of another blockbuster like SOR Remake, then I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

#6 Master13

Master13

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:41 AM

Well releasing the source is truly like handing over the keys to the community and may not bode well in the future

#7 yougottabecrazy

yougottabecrazy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:30 AM

Put this way: We're still waiting for an Aleph One port.

1) It's predecessor to HALO. = Relevant to X-box
2) It's open source, as are its dependencies, as I recall. = Source available
3) It has a software render mode, IIRC. = Not as much nasty DirectX/OpenGL work
4) Has had a relatively good demand.
And so far, we've seen little to nothing, unless I've missed something...

Madmab (busy with SNES9x v3 using either the 1.51 core or the 1.53 core), BP (working on CoinOPS and said to have taken up another task, while people have little true hope), and a few other small devs (the Surreal64 team still kicks if you watch their project feed, there's a new version of Final Burn Legends on the way, NestopiaX is being worked on a bit more, plus the guy chipping at Alien vs. Predator) seem to be the only "big players" left. Even A600 seems to be gone, sadly... (He may, or may not, be working on another project. I don't know.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users