• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 grantshoarma

grantshoarma

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:19 PM

Got everything working last night. Mechassault + memory card + controller to cannibalize = $20. Runs great! All emulators are perfect. 4.6GB was about right, which is plenty of room for my purposes. Thanks for everyone's help!!!

QUOTE(caaraa @ Aug 2 2011, 03:57 AM) View Post

If MFG. DATE is November 2002 or later you have a xbox v1.1, else you have a xbox v1.0"
IPB Image

Look here:

http://www.xboxscene.../versions_0.php

Edited by grantshoarma, 02 August 2011 - 07:22 PM.

#17 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:56 PM

You should backup your eeprom to your pc. and probably use hexen to reinstall the mod to guarantee that shadow C is installed proptecting your soft mod, also it will prevent possible error 16.

Its simple enough to install just do softmod tools and then 1 click install either kingroach or krazie and you should be good smile.gif

#18 grantshoarma

grantshoarma

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:57 AM

Will do.

QUOTE(shambles1980 @ Aug 2 2011, 07:56 PM) View Post

Its simple enough to install just do softmod tools and then 1 click install either kingroach or krazie and you should be good smile.gif

Sorry but what/where is "softmod tools" ? It's not exactly a unique search phrase wink.gif

#19 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:04 AM

Google "Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc". Burn to DVD-R at 4x or slower, cold boot, from there it's fairly obvious, with lots of instructions and in-line help.

Edited by Heimdall, 03 August 2011 - 02:04 AM.

#20 tristanx

tristanx

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE(waal @ Aug 2 2011, 08:06 AM) View Post

Yeah. Definitely.

Feeling lazy I just bought a 100 (!) mod chipped xbox build in 2004. Thought I'll spare some useful time this way. Tweaking hardware being boring.

Now I just have to mount my 300GB HDD filled with Xport-Madmab emus & Xtras AND Coinops and I'll be a happy man.

oh yeah...

xbox v1.0 w/ modchip with 80gig hdd, 3 controllers... $10.00!! laugh.gif

beat that!!!

#21 grantshoarma

grantshoarma

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Aug 3 2011, 02:04 AM) View Post

Google "Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc". Burn to DVD-R at 4x or slower, cold boot, from there it's fairly obvious, with lots of instructions and in-line help.

Thank you. If I've installed emulators already, will this wipe them?

#22 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:59 AM

No. I deliberately wrote HeXEn to make as few changes as possible when updating softmods. It made the scripting loads harder, but means that things like existing apps won't be touched.smile.gif

There are options on HeXEn that will wipe your disk and start from scratch, but unlike all other rescue discs they are all passcode protected and have at least one "are you sure?" dialogue box to minimise the chances of you wiping your system accidentally.

The options you need don't wipe your E or F partitions, which is where your emulators should be. Options 2.1.x or 2.2.x install a clean softmod, so they replace C, shadow C, the dashboard files on E: (E:\Dash\ or E:\Dashboard\ depending on if you choose Krayzie or Kingroach), and the exploit gamesave files in E:\UDATA\ (but they leave all other gamesaves alone). They add a couple of small folders with some management tools, but nothing that would interfere with any Emulators you have installed on there.

The only limitation is that you need around 200MB free on E before you start, so if you've absolutely filled your E:\ partition with emulators then HeXEn won't work. I say "might", because if your softmod installer already took a copy of the stock C files then you don't need 200 MB, you only need around 10-20 MB (I can't remember the exact number, and can't check because I'm on a train!). In passing, it's also worth noting that it is recommended always to leave around 100MB free on E for the Xbox to work properly. However, don't worry - HeXEn checks for free disk space, and if there isn't enough space it aborts the installation before making any changes - yet another little user-friendly bit of scripting to make everyone's life easier.... smile.gif smile.gif

Edited by Heimdall, 03 August 2011 - 10:00 AM.

#23 grantshoarma

grantshoarma

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

Hello,

I finally got around to installing HeXen with the one click install and >200mb space remaining, but now "Emulators" is not an option on my dashboard(s), even though E:\Emulators\ still exists and is populated with all my files. Any suggestions?

Edited by grantshoarma, 02 April 2012 - 05:00 PM.

#24 grantshoarma

grantshoarma

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Aug 3 2011, 09:59 AM) View Post

existing apps won't be touched.smile.gif

paging Dr. Heimdall...

#25 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:25 AM

Edit config.xml to include an emulators entry in the menu:

<List Text="Emulators" Sort="On" Auto="On">
<Path>E:\Emulators</Path>
<Path>F:\Emulators</Path>
<Path>G:\Emulators</Path>
</List>

#26 grantshoarma

grantshoarma

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

Thank you. Actually I had to edit evox.ini since I like the hexen skin so much smile.gif Changed the menu to suit my preferences- works better than ever!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users