• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 45thAssassin

45thAssassin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:34 AM

I'm new to flashing the duox2 chip (I've really only used xecuter 2 and 3 versions....)

anyways, I flashed the chip in the evox menu (3935)... to some sort of evox bios---SUCCESS
then reflashed the chip with some sort of xecuter 2 bios---SUCCESS AGAIN!

AND.... I'm doing this all without any knowledge as to what bios does what, for what (I know, smart idea)

and then I think I flashed the flashbios (3.03) on the wrong bank possibly.... I rebooted the xbox and the 3.03 flashbios screen does load....I scrolled down to the "flash bios from hdd" option... and then the xbox kind of just died.... sad.gif my hdd, was unlocked and has no version of ms dash on it... so when I boot without chip, I get an error for not having a dash and it being unlocked.... when I boot with the chip, it just powers on for a split second and shuts off.....

The chip has worked for 3 months with absolutely NO problems and was soldered by a pro (no it wasn't me, like I said... it was done by a pro)

SO.... I'm wondering if any of my fellow modders on x-s have run into this problem and how did they possibly solve it... I'm also open to any untried suggestions (if all else fails, I may make some demo video on youtube on how to torch, shoot, cut, and launch the friggin' mobo smile.gif nah, just kidding!

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:58 AM

Try the other bank on the chip, see which BIOS is on there.

#3 45thAssassin

45thAssassin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:11 AM

man, heimdall..... you are like a hawk, you reply within minutes!

anyways, I will give it a go.... I also realized if all else fails, I can get a new duox2 chip and just swap it out (but I'd rather try to fix this one first)

I tried the other bank.... I'm confronted with "XBOX Linux Cromwell BIOS 2.40"

and option to flash with network or cd-----I'm going to try the cd, but am reluctant and would like somebody to possibly recommend a safe DuoX2 bios! I'm sure I already have it... just name it and I'll give the flash a try!

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:21 AM

Use X2.5035. Make sure you get the right version for your Xbox - the 1.0-1.5 version is not the same as the 1.6 version.

I'd use the network to flash. Boot with Cromwell, then switch back to the other bank before you flash, that way you won't overwrite Cromwell.

#5 45thAssassin

45thAssassin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:00 PM

sorry to respond late... wink.gif anyways, I did sort everything out!

I have a v1.0 xbox and did try to establish a network connection, and for some reason it wouldn't work (definitely not my first time flashing through the network, but first time it didn't work).... after some quick research online, I realized some *bugs* are persistent in v1.0 xbox consoles with the combination of the DuoX2 chip and Cromwell flashbios....including not being able to establish a connection in cromwell flashbios option... so I did have to resort to the dvd/cd flash method.... first time I've done it, and it wasn't all that difficult... just went through about 15 old dvd's to finally get the right type to finally work....and SUCCESS!

thanks for the help heimdall!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users