• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jammin0

jammin0

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:34 AM

I will be forever indebted if someone could help me out here.

I have a version 1.1 xbox and I've installed the duox2gs white chip in it. I didn't use the pin headers because I was having a heck of a time desoldering the LPC. At first the chip wouldn't run at all and the xbox would boot like normal with everything connected. I shorted the BT pad as suggested by dynatron's tutorial who I bought the chip from. When I connected d0 to a ground on the board I would get a flashing ring and 3 reboots. When d0 was completely disconnected with modchip in the chip would flash but obviously wasn't doing anything. Finally I did both, I connected the d0 pad on the chip to the d0 and grounded them both to the motherboard. That worked, got me into Flashbios 3.03 and Cromwell on either bank.

Got the EvolutionX M8plus Bios from xbins, used EVTools to change the filesize from 256 to 512 and didn't change any other settings, renamed to bios.bin.

Burned the .bin file along with a 300 mb dummy.txt file that I created using Nero 7.0 and the teamexecuter guide.

Used Bank 1 (Flashbios 3.0.3) to try and flash to the evox bios and I got this error:
programming failed: Program failed for byte at +0x0; wrote 0x09, read 0xFF

The yellow line never moved and I turned off the box after about 10 minutes.

Now Bank 1 is corrupted and I am hoping I can use cromwell to flash either of the banks, I would like to flash over bank 1 so that I don't accidentally ruin both banks, is this possible? I read that I need the Eurasia disc, I'm wondering if the Evox m8+ bios did it to me or what is going on, this is actually the second time that this has happened to me using this chip the duox2gs so I must be doing something wrong.

Any help the community can give would be awesome, I'm not going to do anything until I am certain I know what is going on with it because I don't want to mess it up.

Thanks for looking

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:44 AM

Evox M8+ didn't do anything to you. It sounds as though your soldering skills are at fault - especially if you can't even manage to fit a pinheader!

Post a photo of your work, let's see if we can see anything obviously wrong.

#3 jammin0

jammin0

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 01:01 AM

Thanks for the overwhelming confidence dude. dry.gif It wasn't the soldering but the desoldering of the LPC that I found to be difficult, even with most of the solder out of the holes I couldn't get the pin header to fit into the holes.

I'll try and post a picture in a second.

#4 jammin0

jammin0

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 01:26 AM

Don't know if you're going to be able to see much here but here are some pictures. I originally soldered in 2 extra wires to the LPC that I snipped after I realized I didn't need them. I've gone back over all my joints and looked for any bridges and it looks ok but I will be the first to admit that it seems weird that I needed to ground the chip from on top.
IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users