Photo

Pinout For Logitech Wireless Controller?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Garrett.19

Garrett.19

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:18 AM

So I searched for the pinout for the Logitech wireless controller with no results. I am trying to do the VGA mod for my retro controllers which can be found HERE. If you know where it is at great let me know. But right now I figured while I waiting I'm going to try and figure it out. So here is what I'm looking at right now on my controller board.

IPB Image

IPB Image

So I know where the power and ground comes in at. My question is do I put the multi-meter on the positive and put the negative where I think the trace is and press the button to see if I get power. Or do I put the multi-meter on the negative and put the positive where I think the trace is and press the button to see if I get power. There are nice trace points on the back so that will make it easier. Plus I was wondering what amount of power I should be looking for. The controller takes four AA batteries. Any information helps thanks.

Edited by Garrett.19, 10 August 2011 - 03:19 AM.

#2 Garrett.19

Garrett.19

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:13 AM

So I tired it anyways. First I put the multi-meter's inputs on the main positive and negative and got 6 volts which is right for four AA batteries. Next I left the negative on the main and put the multi-meter postive on a couple traces until one of them gave me an output of 3 volts. I then started pressing buttons until the voltage went down to 1 volt. I hope that means that the trace I'm testing is for the button and I wrote down the trace number and corresponding button. Some of the traces I put the multi-meter on give me no voltage then when I go back to the ones I know give me power don't have power to them and I have to take the batteries out and put them back in for the board to give me power on those traces that I already know have power going to them. I know the board is getting the main power when this happens but I hope by doing this it will not effect anything on the board.

#3 Garrett.19

Garrett.19

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:55 AM

So I found that I don't have to take the batteries out to fix the power on the board problem. I just have to press another button. Since the controller isn't connected to the xbox when I'm testing buttons the controller is looking for the receiver the whole time and there is a 12 second grace period then it goes into sleep mode when it doesn't find it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users