• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 objdadon

objdadon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:14 AM

Hey guys, first time poster. I'm trying to make my own wireless arcade joystick for my 360. It's a "common grind controller" witch suppose to mean soldering one wire to each contact. I followed a tutorial from DES employee on YouTube but he stopped making vids halfway through the project. Can someone explain this common ground and how to wire my connects to my sanwa buttons? All the YouTube tutorials are from 2007 or 09, would be nice for a current tutorial vid. Thanks!

#2 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,792 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:22 AM

Common Ground means that Ground is on half of every button, so you only need to connect 1 wire to the controller board's Ground for that, but it still has to be 'jumpered' around to half of every new button you plan to use so each one has it. Then the other side of the new button would be the X, Y D-pad up, etc, etc, line of the controller.

The Triggers and Sticks are Analog and not part of the Common Ground setup, so for LT and RT you'd need to wire them differently if you plan to use them.

It depends on which controller you're using exactly as the best way to go about all of this also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users