Photo

How Can You Stop Dashlaunch Breaking Xexmenu On Jtag?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mcornbill

mcornbill

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:40 PM

Hi Guys

Ok so I've done a few jtags now and am still learning, but I have a problem everytime I install dashlaunch 2.22.

My usual jtag and software installation steps are as follows:

1. I use the CoolShrimp tool to create myself a Freeboot 13599 image and flash the NAND
2. I attach a standard Xbox 20gb hdd and put XexMenu 1.1 disc into the DVD drive
3. I copy over XexMenu to the hard drive
4. I load XexMenu and use ftp to transfer over all other programs (Freestyle Dash 2, Dashlaunch etc)

Now at this point everything will work fine. Standard boot into Freeboot, eject boot into Xell. However I don't want Freeboot to be the default dashboard, I want it to be FSD2. After reading around the forums I came across Dashlaunch 2.22, and how you can edit its 'launch.ini' file to assign what you want to boot as default. This is the only reason I'm putting dashlaunch on. So I assign FSD2 to be default, save the 'launch.ini' file in the root of the hard drive, launch the dashlaunch installer xex from the hard drive, run through the various options saying yes to everything and no to configure new options. Then after this the console successfully boots to FSD2 as default, Freeboot if holding down RB on the pad, just what I want.

But then trying to launch XexMenu from either FSD2 or Freeboot throws a 'Fatal Crash Interception' error. I never get any of these errors if I don't install dashlaunch. I've read threads on how dashlaunch can break XexMenu, but still none the wiser with how to fix it. In fact, if there's another way of having FSD2 as my main dash and Freeboot as the secondary one, without having to install dashlaunch I'll take it!

Sorry if it's a lengthy one but I'm a stickler for detail! If anybody can help I'll be sending good vibes from Brum :-)

Cheers
Mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users