• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 AmDD_Junkie

AmDD_Junkie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:09 AM

I bought a 360 from a guy for cheap he said it works but it apparently doesnt. It powers on, no red ring or anything and will navigate the dashboard with no issues. When a game is put in it will start to load it and then freeze up. It will freeze at the same exact point in each game, before the game fully loads. I decided just to play with it and attempted to flash it with jungleflasher. Following the newest instruction guide it says to make sure the dashboard is up to date before flashing the latest ixtreme firmware. I downloaded the update and followed the directions to burn it to cd (the console is also banned from xbox live). When installing it gives me an error "E66". Thinking that the DVD ROM is bad I tried installing the update via USB and am still getting "E66".

Whats causing this error, the update itself or the DVD ROM? I found some articles linking the E66 error to hacked firmware but I dont know if that applies to me or not. a

What happens if i do not update the dashboard before flashing this firmware?

EDIT: well I figured out the E66 error, awhile back I had tried to flash the drive and thought I had been unsuccessful. On a whim I flashed it to stock and the update went through without the E66 error, however, The games still freeze up.

Edited by AmDD_Junkie, 12 August 2011 - 02:09 AM.

#2 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:35 AM

Replace the drive, be sure to get same kind.

#3 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE(iateshaggy @ Aug 12 2011, 05:35 AM) View Post

Replace the drive, be sure to get same kind.

Don't forget to inject the Key from your old drive in the new drive.

#4 AmDD_Junkie

AmDD_Junkie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:26 AM

Does it have to be the same kind? I have access to another xbox thats red ringed but it has a different drive. I know you can spoof a drive, although Im not totally sure what that means.

#5 ThatOneBro

ThatOneBro

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:17 AM

Spoofing is changing the firmware to show your new drive as your original drive. It doesn't need to be the same brand of drive, but you MUST make sure you spoof it before trying to use it while connected to Live, otherwise you'll get banned.

#6 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:41 PM

ignore the last post, he is not up to date on info. the short answer is, get the right drive for your console. if someone else wants to give u the pro's and cons of trying to spoof, i'll let them list the 100 reasons not to.

#7 ThatOneBro

ThatOneBro

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE(iateshaggy @ Aug 13 2011, 11:41 AM) View Post

ignore the last post, he is not up to date on info. the short answer is, get the right drive for your console. if someone else wants to give u the pro's and cons of trying to spoof, i'll let them list the 100 reasons not to.

Yeah, I've been away for a while and yesterday after I posted this I was updated on the current spoofing situation by someone on the forums.

#8 AmDD_Junkie

AmDD_Junkie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:25 PM

Are all the spoofing issues geared towards live? If so, the console in question is already banned. :/ Not my doing as it was banned when I got it.

#9 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:14 AM

no, one of the reasons is your console will brick when updated. yes it will get updated not hooked up to live.

#10 AmDD_Junkie

AmDD_Junkie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:12 PM

Understood, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users