Photo

Data Corruption On A X3 Chipped Xbox. Why?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RoyalX

RoyalX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:06 PM

I've got the data corruption thing after using 256GB on a 500GB HDD.
It is a X3 chipped xbox with the latest bios, 3294 v1.6+
I did everything well. And thought this will not happen with a X3 chip.
I've format the HDD with X3CL, F gets all, no G.
Then again with XBPartitioner to be certain of the 32k cluster size.

Did I forgot something?

One thing to check, don't know if this matters.
When formatting with X3CL the Flash protect was on.
Must this be off, because I read somewhere that it will write on the bios.
Like patching the bios. So in my case it is not written on the bios.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:24 PM

It has nothing to do with flash protect, and formatting the disk makes no changes to the BIOS. Did you CHECK the cluster size after formatting with XBPartitioner 1.1? If not, then that's your problem. Read the link in my signature.

Edited by Heimdall, 12 August 2011 - 03:26 PM.

#3 RoyalX

RoyalX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:47 PM

I've read your information. I have checked the drop in free space when transfering data. That was 32k. But did not do it with a 1 byte file. (Do you mean with this just a text file of 1 byte?)

Read also about the glitch. Perhaps it is just that. Gonna try formatting it with a F and G of 16k and then format again with the large F of 32k.

Heimdall, please do take a look at this: http://x3.bustedchai...configlive.html
It says:
Standard Partitions (Xbox Stock Drive): Select this to support factory 8GB harddrives.
F Drive Gets Everything - No G Drive: Select this to support drives under 160GB.
F Drive Upto 137Gb - G Drive gets the rest: Select this to support 160GB drives and larger.

So does it mean that I have to format a F upto 137 and G takes the rest. And then with
XBPartitioner format a large F. Or is this manual just to old for the info?

Edited by RoyalX, 12 August 2011 - 05:49 PM.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:22 PM

That X3 manual is old. You need to select Disk Tools - New Hard Drive Upgrade - Use Saved Partition Table = Enabled, and set the LBA48 option to F Drive Gets Everything - No G Drive. You then run XBPartitioner 1.1, but you can't format with 16k or 32k - XBPartitioner 1.1 automatically picks the cluster size for you. You have to change the partition size, or select 50:50 F:G from the XBPartitioner menu, format, then do it again but this time select all F. Then you check the cluster size, with any 1 byte file - can be a text file or a binary file, it makes no difference.

#5 RoyalX

RoyalX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:33 PM

Just before I wanted to do it. I put more data (movies) on it. And it seems that I have not the data corruption. I am over the 256GB, having 180GB leftover. I don't understand.

I thought having the data corruption because I could not transfer anything. This occured after copying some games to my HD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users