9 replies to this topic

#1 Tuckson

Tuckson

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:33 PM

Hi,

Sorry when asking a newbie question, but that's exactly what I am.

Months ago I got my son an xbox classic. It was modded and had this little board with 3 switches on the front which say "Enable/disable", "protect/unprotect" and "Bank 1/Bank2".

After a couple of weeks my boy messed up some settings appearantly because he couldn't play everything anymore.

Now, a couple of months further he really was fed up with it, so we decided to to check the settings. But appearantly he also did something with the little switches on the front. First the led was red and a Microsoft message boasted something about needing service. After switching this back to "enabled"another infamiliair screen appeared after booting. This wanted us to put a CD in the tray with a flash file on it, which I don't have.

I tried to search on this forum and via google, but things get a bit dizzy. so many choices and options. What do i have, what do I need? And than yet... where to find it? that the stuff is that old doesn'help very much either.

So here are some numbers, I hope someone among you has some info and/or a nice suggestion how to fix it?

The flash screen says:
Flash Cromwell 2.28 dev.

The sticker on the bottom tells me the device is manufactured on 2002-08-30
The SerialNr. is 6090814 23505
Prod number is 516 + serialnr.

The dvd drive in it appears to be a Philips drive.

I took this subforum because when starting the xbox in the past a saw the word Xecuter pass by before the avalaunch menu appeared.

Hope this info is enough?

Kind regards

#2 RoyalX

RoyalX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:42 PM

You have a Xecuter2 chip.
The switches must be
Chip Enabled ON (if OFF than led is red)
Flash Protect ON
And the banks, you can select yourself. Either 1 or 2.

Turn of the xbox, and set the switches like above.
Try to turn on the xbox with bank 1 and also with the bank 2. See if you see any difference?

Hope this will help you and that your boy did not mess to much.

#3 Tuckson

Tuckson

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:12 PM

Tried those switches, but the thing keeps asking for that flash cd.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:19 PM

Have you tried booting bank 1 and then bank 2? It is highly unlikely that both banks have magically been flashed with FlashBIOS.

#5 RoyalX

RoyalX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:14 PM

You must switch the Flash Protect on ON.

The flashbios only comes when it is turned OFF.

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:35 AM

Nonsense. FlashBIOS will only flash the BIOS if flash protect is turned off, but it will boot regardless of the switch position.

#7 bushybangkok

bushybangkok

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE(Tuckson @ Aug 12 2011, 02:12 PM) View Post

Tried those switches, but the thing keeps asking for that flash cd.

We are in same situation ( sort of) however when we boot bank2 for 3rd switch I get the following Text
and a Menu that follows:

FlashBIOS 3.0.3
For help visit Team Xecuter (http://teamxecuter.com/flashbios)

HDD: Maxtor 6Y120P0 YAR41BW0 122.941GB
DVD: THOMSON-DVD

Enable Network Flashing (highlighted)
Load BIOS from HDD (C:\Bios) - when picked says "No C:\Bios found.....then hangs)
Load BIOS from DISC
Unlock HDD (seems to do soemthing quickly and reboots and when i try Load BIOS from HDD get same hang )
Lock HDD

I am not sure what we need to do because if we boot without switch 3 at BAnk2 all we can access is the original Xbox dashboard and when we go into MEMORY option all we see are game saves...

I was wondering how to load games onto the Harddrive ?

Do I need a newer flash ROM or somesuch ( I am a noob here sorry)

thx
Bushybangkok

Edited by bushybangkok, 14 January 2012 - 05:34 AM.

#8 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

ok 1st things 1st..
If you boot with the chip on you can boot a dvd thats not an official xbox disk right?
For example you can boot hexen correct?
if you can boot hexen you can use that to install a diferent dashboard.. Like unleashx or xbmc.

then you shoulkd be able to boot to a modified dash, it could simply be that theres no modified dash for it to use on the xbox.
and the chip does not need to be flashed.

once you have your modified dash instaled (i strongly recomend unleashx) you can then FTP emulators and stuff to your xbox. or use dvd2xbox to copy games from your xbox dvd's.
You can also transfer the copied games to your pc via ftp, and if you wanted to later ftp them back.

Let us know how that process goes or if you need any help with it.
If it turns out you really do need to flash the chip, the hexen cd has the tools needed for that. I recomend the M8 bios the IND bios is my fave but the bug kills it.

Sorry for the late reply looked in here earlier and heimdall had replied and i figured id be supurflous.

But seems that the dates are prety old and this is a revived topic. so you probably wont get a reply

Edited by shambles1980, 14 January 2012 - 05:56 PM.

#9 bushybangkok

bushybangkok

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:37 AM

OK thanks shambles1980

we have used mIRC and FlashFXP to download Hexen from #xbins onto our WinXP system

we tried using xISO to put those Hexens dirs onto a DVD-R to boot but we can't get it work

any other ideas ?

#10 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:54 AM

You don't get HeXEn from Xbins - it isn't on there. Google "Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc".

However, HeXEn isn't what you need to fix your problem. You need to follow this guide. It talks about the X3, but the process is similar for the X2, except that you need to select the other bank before flashing i.e. boot flashbios, then flick the bank switch, then flash. I'd always flash over the network, but you can also burn your BIOS to DVD-R or CD-R.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users