hyfall381

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:56 AM

Well it finally happened to me. My xbox just got banned from Live. I went to connect to Live and was given a message saying my account was suspended until 12/31/9999.

I am on the latest dash with the LT 1.9 fw. Didn't flash to 1.91 yet. But the ONLY game I ever play is Fallout: New Vegas, which is why I wasn't in a hurry to update the fw.

I called customer support just for the hell of it. They guy told me he couldn't talk about it over the phone, and I had to go to xbox.com and onto the forums.

Should I even bother? This sucks, but it's not the end of the world. I used Live for Netflix more than anything. It's just weird I got banned now.

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:23 AM

Did your Xbox get banned or was it your account?

#3 hyfall381

hyfall381

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:19 AM

On the xbox it says "You have been suspended from Xbox Live. You will not be able to sign into Live until 12/31/9999."

When I log into xbox live via xbox.com, it says my account was suspended from xbox live. Then it says what I wrote above.

I told the customer support person that my windows live email was very old and I don't use it anymore. So I can't read what they sent me. He told me to use the forums at xbox.com. The problem is, since I'm suspended, I can't access the forums.

I have no idea why my account would be suspended. Like I said, I only ever play Fallout NV and use Netflix.

My avatar now says "Code of Conduct" in his speech bubble. lol.

#4 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:52 AM

Those messages relate only to account bans, not necessarily console bans. Have you tested if your console is banned? You can run a network test and it'll say if the console itself is banned rather than trying to sign in and being suspended.

#5 Classico

Classico

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:14 AM

Most people banned in the past 72 hours were banned for theft of marketplace content. Accounts only, not consoles.

#6 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE(Classico @ Aug 19 2011, 02:14 AM) View Post

Most people banned in the past 72 hours were banned for theft of marketplace content. Accounts only, not consoles.

How do they steal content exactly? I remember there was some glitch where you did something after downloading a trial game from XBLA and then going to a full game and exiting at a certain time after doing a quick launch or something like that.

#7 digipimp75

digipimp75

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:20 PM

wow, this thread title certainly got my attention. way to stir up a panic! smile.gif j/k that sucks man.

Edited by digipimp75, 19 August 2011 - 04:21 PM.

#8 Classico

Classico

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Aug 19 2011, 07:28 AM) View Post

How do they steal content exactly? I remember there was some glitch where you did something after downloading a trial game from XBLA and then going to a full game and exiting at a certain time after doing a quick launch or something like that.

I am not going to post how to duplicate the glitch, but it is indeed a marketplace glitch involving download history. With a little help from Google, I am sure you guys can figure it out.

#9 hyfall381

hyfall381

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:37 PM

Thanks for the advice with the network test. turns out my console can connect to Live. so its just my account. I have no clue as to why they would suspend it. I'm gonna call again to see what the hell is going on. ill post back.

#10 torrentelek1939

torrentelek1939

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE(hyfall381 @ Aug 19 2011, 05:37 PM) View Post

Thanks for the advice with the network test. turns out my console can connect to Live. so its just my account. I have no clue as to why they would suspend it. I'm gonna call again to see what the hell is going on. ill post back.

Any chance that you've played non-jtag Arcade or GoD games with modded xbox live profiles? smile.gif

#11 xxxgenesisxxx

xxxgenesisxxx

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE(hyfall381 @ Aug 19 2011, 06:37 PM) View Post

You could of hacked something on your profile,Played on a jtag with your account,stolen other peoples account and don't bother calling xbox they will say we don't know why witch is true they wouldn't know becuz it's automated lol.

#12 hyfall381

hyfall381

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE(torrentelek1939 @ Aug 19 2011, 05:46 PM) View Post

Any chance that you've played non-jtag Arcade or GoD games with modded xbox live profiles? smile.gif

You nailed it right on the head tongue.gif I completely forgot that I used a modded profile to play some arcade games about 3-4 months ago. I just got an email saying my account was suspended for accessing downloadable content through illegitimate means. lol. Oh well. Since my console isnt banned, I'll just make a new profile and go from there. I could care less about achievement points and all that bs. Thanks again for the tips and advice.
Guess I learned a lesson here.

#13 dbdsneaky

dbdsneaky

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:06 PM

give it a couple weeks once major number of peeps get banned before xbox servers get hacked to crap lol

#14 Syn201

Syn201

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE(dbdsneaky @ Aug 30 2011, 08:06 PM) View Post

give it a couple weeks once major number of peeps get banned before xbox servers get hacked to crap lol

Are you some kind of a moron? .people get THEMSELVES banned for whatever reason .they like me and you
KNOW the risks so THEY are to blame.to hack after they do there JOB and ban people is beyond moronic.
Good look going up against ms as well your gona need a good team not some posers like anon who randomly hack crap ,then bitch and threaten to hack more random crap when there team gets caught ..

#15 driftfox

driftfox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE(hyfall381 @ Aug 19 2011, 11:21 PM) View Post

You nailed it right on the head tongue.gif I completely forgot that I used a modded profile to play some arcade games about 3-4 months ago. I just got an email saying my account was suspended for accessing downloadable content through illegitimate means. lol. Oh well. Since my console isnt banned, I'll just make a new profile and go from there. I could care less about achievement points and all that bs. Thanks again for the tips and advice.
Guess I learned a lesson here.

Haha!! I'm in the same boat. I got my ban notice this morning and it really had me scratching my head. Then I read your post and chuckled to myself. "I used a modded profile to play some arcade games about 3-4 months ago".....exact same thing here. I nearly forgot about that until I read your post. Looks like they got us...oh well smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users