• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lastwish

lastwish

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:48 AM

So when I turn on the xbox the game started playing but the colors were messed up and then I turned it off and tried again and nothing happend so now the tv won't switch over everything runs through its normal paces but no change onm the screen. I did try it on 3 different tvs I have. I couldn't try different cables because none of my friends live close enough but On one tv I have a switching box for multiple plug in and the screen stays on the tv. On the other I use a vcr and the screen just stays blue and on the other tv I did both av and hd on the av the screen starts of black and when I turned the xbox on it got a bunch of dots kinda like snow and then I turned the xbox off and switched it to hd the screen starts of kinda gray and when I turned the xbox on the screen had a bunch of lines like this. Actual image of my screen. IPB Image any help is apreciated thank you in advance

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:01 AM

You've likely got cold solder joints under your GPU. It's basically a half-way RRoD. Your console needs to be repaired.

#3 lastwish

lastwish

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:11 AM

Is it possible to fix it at home or do I have to take it to somebody

#4 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:16 AM

There are home "fixes", but they aren't reliable over the long term. Your best bet would be to have someone who does reflows/reballs repair it. You're looking at around $60-80 for a reball, depending on the person who repairs it.

Depending on how attached you are to the console and the market at the time, it could be cheaper to pick up a Jasper on eBay than to get it repaired. I myself have picked up several Jaspers for around $60 on eBay.

Edited by Aldanga, 20 August 2011 - 10:18 AM.

#5 lastwish

lastwish

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:46 PM

Not to attached to it. And I looked on ebay for jasper and found them. But at curiosity what does jasper mean

#6 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:36 AM

Jasper is a revision of the XBOX 360 motherboard.
Xenon was the first for example and the Jasper was the latest Phat XBOX 360 motherboard code name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users