Photo

Ntsc Xbox And Pal Splinter Cell, Which Region Save Exploit To Use?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 link83

link83

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:23 PM

Hi all,
I originally had a PAL Xbox and PAL Splinter Cell, but I softmodded the console years ago and switched the consoles region to NTSC using Enigmah so that I could enable 480p, 720p and 1080i.

I forgot about this when I decided to upgrade the hard drive using XboxHDM, so now I have an Xbox with an upgraded hard drive that 'appears' to be a stock NTSC Xbox.

Luckily the PAL Splinter Cell game still loads fine (I guess it must be region free) but now I dont know which region Krayzie's 1.1.1 save exploit I should use, the PAL or NTSC version?

Thanks in advance for any help smile.gif

Edited by link83, 21 August 2011 - 01:25 PM.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:33 PM

If the PAL game loads then use the PAL gamesave.

Out of interest, why didn't you use xboxhdm to install a Kingroach softmod, or a copy of your current softmod?

#3 link83

link83

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Aug 21 2011, 01:33 PM) View Post

If the PAL game loads then use the PAL gamesave.

Out of interest, why didn't you use xboxhdm to install a Kingroach softmod, or a copy of your current softmod?

Thanks for the fast reply Heimdall, will test it out in a minute smile.gif

I have just used Krayzie's previously years ago, so decided to stick with what I know if that makes sense (Is Kingroach considered to be 'better' than Krayzie's nowadays?) I could have copied my original softmod, but I wanted a completely clean start, and I was unsure if using my old files would cause something to 'remember' the old partition sizes etc.

Oh and thank you very much for making HeXEn - just been looking through all the options on another Xbox and its fantastic biggrin.gif

Edited by link83, 21 August 2011 - 01:49 PM.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

Glad you like HeXEn. smile.gif

Kingroach isn't better than Krayzie, it's just really easy to install via xboxhdm. You can swap between them really easily with HeXEn.

As an alternative, if you have HeXEn then you could use lxhdm (Option 2.4) to build the new disk instead of xboxhdm.

#5 link83

link83

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:12 AM

(Sorry to bump this thread slightly) Just to update for anybody reading this in future that the PAL save file worked fine biggrin.gif

Thanks again Heimdall for all your help, I will keep your suggestions in mind for future installs wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users