23 replies to this topic

#16 Difio

Difio

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:18 AM

I searched, but i didn't understand something regarding the flashing of aladdin..

Which program do i use? The Exo X dashboard? Or there is something more secure and specific to my modchip?

Thanks.

#17 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE(Difio @ Aug 26 2011, 04:06 AM) View Post

Then another bad suprise...i discovered that the bios on modchip was so old that it can't load the dashboard if is connected a locked hard drive with a different key
No BIOS will do that - the BIOS still needs the correct key to unlock the disk.

Flash it using Evox.

Edited by Heimdall, 26 August 2011 - 08:46 AM.

#18 Difio

Difio

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Aug 26 2011, 09:45 AM) View Post

No BIOS will do that - the BIOS still needs the correct key to unlock the disk.

Flash it using Evox.

ok, thanks

#19 Difio

Difio

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:32 PM

I've downloaded the bios, but inside the rar i found 4 different bios: iND-BiOS.5003.06.bfm, iND-BiOS.5003.06, iND-BiOS.5003.67.bfm, iND-BiOS.5003.67....which of them do i use?

#20 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:49 PM

iND-BiOS.5003.06 or iND-BiOS.5003.67.

#21 Difio

Difio

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:55 PM

Now a new problem...I've the DVD drive that, as soon as i boot up the console, it open and close automatically (for two times) then, it stay opened and the led continue flashing.

I've not flashed the new bios, yet...what happened?

#22 Difio

Difio

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:49 PM

I've checked the trace and they are all ok, but measuring the resistors i found that the one on which I've soldered the BT point as a different value if i match it with the one of the another mothearbord...could be this the problem?

#23 Difio

Difio

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:02 PM

I have found that the resistor of the eject signal measure 5k ohm instead of 10k ohm, the one of power signal measure 10ohm, which is the correct value for this resistance...could be these the problem? I've checked in an other motherboard and the resistors of eject signal are 10k ohm each...

IPB Image

EDIT: i found that this is normal, but i don't understand why on the resistance where i solder the BT point says that are 20k ohm...i don't understand why...as a result, now the xbox turn on as soon as i connect the power cable...

Edited by Difio, 26 August 2011 - 05:19 PM.

#24 Difio

Difio

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:05 AM

ok, i solved the problem buying another xbox for few euros, it works so i installed the aladdin chips and when i turn on the xbox, there is no way to turn on the chip.

I get no FRAG, black screen or something else, the xbox just boot normally the microsoft dash. I've checked all the solder and they are ok.

The only strange thing i saw is the eject LED: when i press quickly the power button the led at the beginning is red, then became green (and the ms dashboard loads perfectly), and when i press the button for 1 second at the beginning the led is red, then came orange. If i'am not wrong, this is normal, but the fact is that as soon as i leave the button after 1 second the led became green booting the ms dashbard without problem.

I really don't understand, the LPC solder is ok because if they weren't the xbox had to FRAG...

Any of you had experienced a situation like that? Could be a problem of the chip (may be it fried with the old xbox)? I had thought also to an incompatibility between the xbox (a 1.4) and the chips (or better, the old bios)...can somebody help me? Thanks..

Edited by Difio, 10 October 2011 - 12:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users