#1 StreetKing

StreetKing

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:57 PM

Hello everyone! This is my first post and thread, and sadly, first serious problem with my Xbox 360...
I have a Jasper Xbox 360 console for more than a year now. To tell you the truth, I haven't played much on him, maybe 150-200 "working" hours. Life, job, and all that... well that doesn't matter, does it.

Today I turned on my Xbox to play a quick match in SvR 2011 and after a 20 minutes of play, console shut itself down (quite unexpectedly - console always worked fine) and... displayed the infamous 3 glowing red lights of death. sad.gif
After little "googling" and observing the problem, MS troubleshoot wizard, it looks like power brick is the problem, but I wanted to check with you guys.

This is what actually happens:
- I turn on the console.
- After I press power button, part of second after that, light on power brick turn from orange to green,
- VERY little after that, green light goes from green to orange again and I get 3 RRoD flashing.
If I repeat all this 2-3 times, power brick light will go from green to red, and stay red.

Is this console or power brick failure? What should I do now?

I apologize for possible grammar or style errors with my English, because it is not my native language.

Thank you for your time and help.

Edited by StreetKing, 21 August 2011 - 11:02 PM.

#2 Grifter357

Grifter357

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:03 PM

Check what the secondary error code is.

If you google xbox secondary error codes it will tell you how to get them and what they mean. This will tell you what is wrong with your xbox.

#3 xboxhaxorz

xboxhaxorz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:03 PM

we need the 2ndary error code to help you

#4 StreetKing

StreetKing

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:23 PM

Thank you for your replies!

I don't see secondary codes on screen, because console doesn't even boot up, all this light on brick changes (in my upper post) happen in half a second, and after that change from green to yellow, at that very moment, RRoD happens and stays that way until I shut power off...

EDIT: Sorry, after googling, I understood what you guys mean. It looks like I'm getting 0001 as a blinking sequence?

Edited by StreetKing, 21 August 2011 - 11:34 PM.

#5 Khaine

Khaine

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Music, Gaming and Writing. I also repair consoles + other electronics when I have the time. :)
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:55 PM

http://xbox-experts....rcode/E01/0001/

Certainly sounds like a duff PSU as a possibility. Can you borrow another one off a friend to check it?

#6 Grifter357

Grifter357

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:59 PM

http://forums.xbox-e...c.php?f=8&t=210

Give that a read if it turns out not to be your power supply unit.

#7 StreetKing

StreetKing

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE(Khaine @ Aug 22 2011, 12:55 AM) View Post

http://xbox-experts....rcode/E01/0001/

Certainly sounds like a duff PSU as a possibility. Can you borrow another one off a friend to check it?

I'll try that solution and see what happens.

QUOTE(Grifter357 @ Aug 22 2011, 12:59 AM) View Post

http://forums.xbox-e...c.php?f=8&t=210

Give that a read if it turns out not to be your power supply unit.

Please God, don't let this be the case... I know almost nothing about electronics, soldering... if this is the case, I can just throw xbox away. sad.gif

#8 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:48 AM

Don't throw it away... there are people who can fix it...

#9 StreetKing

StreetKing

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE(StreetKing @ Aug 21 2011, 11:57 PM) View Post

Hello everyone! This is my first post and thread, and sadly, first serious problem with my Xbox 360...
I have a Jasper Xbox 360 console for more than a year now. To tell you the truth, I haven't played much on him, maybe 150-200 "working" hours. Life, job, and all that... well that doesn't matter, does it.

Today I turned on my Xbox to play a quick match in SvR 2011 and after a 20 minutes of play, console shut itself down (quite unexpectedly - console always worked fine) and... displayed the infamous 3 glowing red lights of death. sad.gif
After little "googling" and observing the problem, MS troubleshoot wizard, it looks like power brick is the problem, but I wanted to check with you guys.

This is what actually happens:
- I turn on the console.
- After I press power button, part of second after that, light on power brick turn from orange to green,
- VERY little after that, green light goes from green to orange again and I get 3 RRoD flashing.
If I repeat all this 2-3 times, power brick light will go from green to red, and stay red.

Is this console or power brick failure? What should I do now?

I apologize for possible grammar or style errors with my English, because it is not my native language.

Thank you for your time and help.

I just want to update thread. It seems Jasper is after all pretty immune to RRoD. MOSFET's and all internal components are OK, but my brick is dead. Well, not dead, it "works" like described above, but it just don't feel like providing power to console. Today I tried console on 2 different bricks and it works like a charm! biggrin.gif
But, bad news is - new bricks are expensive here in my country, I must try to find used one... still I'm happy console is not dead and I don't have to do some soldering ( :S ).
If anyone has spare brick and feels like doing a good deed, feel free to share it. biggrin.gif

I hope my case will help someone. Before anything, first try another brick, guys...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users