#1 cozmo72

cozmo72

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:36 AM

Hi there

this is a release of over 400 background images for over 200 xbox games, cropped and optimized for use with XBMC. all info on how to set them up and use them in XBMC is included in the "read me" in the download

not sure how many of you know you can do this on your xbox. the thing that frustrated me about certain aspects of XBMC was that it was suited more towards putting films and music on your xbox and completely pushed aside anything to do with xbox games for example supplying you with album art and dvd covers and background fan art to top it all off and having absolutely nothing to show off your xbox games.

so i decide to make something for the gaming side of it. instead of me rambling on about it all see below for afew screenshots of how these images can make your xbox look. all instructions are included in the download.

any problems drop me a message. download link below.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SM2NTACS

also the screens below are streched for some reason :S will post a vid soon smile.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by cozmo72, 22 August 2011 - 12:39 AM.

#2 FrankMorris

FrankMorris

X-S Senior Member

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:00 AM

That's pretty cool! Thanks.

#3 Darknior

Darknior

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:59 AM

Yes, really thanks a lot for that stuff biggrin.gif

I will use it for sure tongue.gif

#4 scorp316

scorp316

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:Surreal64
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:41 PM

Holy crap....this XBMC skin looks great!!! smile.gif

Now is this skin for HD or SD users? I have both btw. Just wondering. wink.gif

Edited by scorp316, 25 August 2011 - 08:42 PM.

#5 cozmo72

cozmo72

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:24 PM

Hey there scorp,

The skin is called Transparency! v2.11, it's an xbmc skin but it supports fan art for backgrounds of any game or plugin on xbmc. It's in both hd and sd, you can download it from xbmc4xbox.org, that site has the xbox compatible version. All I've done is compiled a load of backgrounds relevant to xbox games and cropped them so they fit perfectly. Try it out mate smile.gif

#6 lordpro

lordpro

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:41 AM

thank you smile.gif it looks very cool i need to try it out. thanks

#7 juggalomars

juggalomars

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:52 AM

Thank you for this, I just came here to see about something like this. I would like to lend a hand if you need help with anything for this. Ok, after looking at a few of these I gotta say nice work. Not to nitpick but the Ninja Gaiden fanart is actually from Ninja Gaiden 2 for the 360. I have a few games not covered on here so I will try to find something good and shoot you an email with the pics.

Edited by juggalomars, 31 August 2011 - 07:42 AM.

#8 cozmo72

cozmo72

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:10 AM

Glad your enjoying guys smile.gif yeah I know some games are that old that there wasn't any decent quality fan art around then, or the games weren't high profile enough, the galleon one is just a pic of a galleon I found lol i thought it looked the business tho tongue.gif and yeah definitely if you come accross any good pictures or have any requests for games you would like fan art for post it here, e-mail me ( address included in the download) or pm me. A couple of guys have sent me some good things already, anything at all is big help smile.gif

Cheers

#9 Master13

Master13

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:15 AM

Sounds cool looking forward 1.1 Thanks again Cozmo72

#10 divus1

divus1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:09 PM

Hello Cozmo72,
thank you for the release it's really great. Can you help me please because I'm searching for the xbox icons games like yours and I don't find. I have 3d icons games but it's not similar.
Thanks!

#11 juggalomars

juggalomars

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE(divus1 @ Sep 3 2011, 07:09 AM) View Post

Hello Cozmo72,
thank you for the release it's really great. Can you help me please because I'm searching for the xbox icons games like yours and I don't find. I have 3d icons games but it's not similar.
Thanks!

I'm assuming you mean the pictures in the bottom left hand corner. If I am correct then that would be box art that you can get from places like Gamefaqs. For instance you can get GTA San Andreas box art from this link: http://www.gamefaqs....-andreas/images

#12 cozmo72

cozmo72

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:19 AM

Hey guys

I'll be adding these into the next release, for now though the best place to get them is gamespot, it has some really good quality box art, dnt get it too big though as it won't load if it is. To use box art use the exact same process as with the fan art, but rename the boxart default.tbn. So if u had halo.jpg box art u need to either save the picture as .tbn and rename it default, or change the file settings on ur computer to show file extensions. Then u can just rename it like any other file.

Cheers

#13 juggalomars

juggalomars

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE(cozmo72 @ Sep 5 2011, 06:19 PM) View Post

Hey guys

I'll be adding these into the next release, for now though the best place to get them is gamespot, it has some really good quality box art, dnt get it too big though as it won't load if it is. To use box art use the exact same process as with the fan art, but rename the boxart default.tbn. So if u had halo.jpg box art u need to either save the picture as .tbn and rename it default, or change the file settings on ur computer to show file extensions. Then u can just rename it like any other file.

Cheers

I get mine from google tongue.gif I usually go for larger sizes then resize them down to something more manageable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users