ArKineX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:42 PM

I saw this technique somewhere else and I thought I would share it here if it hasn't already been shared. I don't think this method requires a specific chipset on the converter like I read about. The one I bought worked on first try.

Items you need:

- VIA 6421A PCI IDE/SATA Controller
- Xbox 360 Slim Liteon Drive (any version...9504/0272/0225/0225u/0401)
- A way to power on and off your Drive (either the console itself, a Do-It-yourself Solution, Maximus Power Dongle, CK3, and the list goes on...)

- A Bi-Directional IDE-SATA Adapter (I got mine from Fry's Electronics for $9...See Here: PLU#5962404 )

- Jungle Flasher V0.1.86 beta (267)

I was running everything in Windows XP Pro, but should be the same in Windows Vista (32-Bit) or 7 (32-Bit). Not tested with Windows Vista or 7 64-Bit.

Make sure you have the drivers for the VIA Card NOT loaded (should have an exclamation mark in Device Manager) otherwise you might have some trouble.

I was also using a DIY Cable to power on and off my DVD Drive (staying cheap! biggrin.gif )...I used my DIY PMT Probe that I have made for all of the older Liteon's (See Here: PMT HACK )

First thing you want to do is connect the IDE-SATA Converter onto the VIA 6421A Controller (obviously into the IDE Port) and make sure the switch is set to (IDE => SATA). Connect the included power cable to the adapter and hook up the other end to an open 4 PIN Power molex or Sata power in the computer. Connect a SATA cable from the SATA port on the Converter to the Slim Liteon Drive. I then connected up my DIY PMT cable to the Slim DVD Drive Power connector (with the switch set to on) and connected the other end to an open SATA Power.

Power on the PC at this point. Once Windows is fully booted up, run Jungle Flasher.
In Jungle Flasher click on the DVDKey32 Tab. Then click on the port Selection drop down at the top left and choose the port that is set for IDE MASTER on the VIA6421 (Mine was 0x9800). Once you select it, Jungle Flasher should see the Slim LiteOn Drive. If you just want the drive key and do not want to do an entire dump, click on the “Dummy.bin Only” Check in the top right.

Click on Slim Key. It will ask to unlock the drive. Click on NO. Then Jungle Flasher will ask to send Vender info to the drive so it will be put into Vender mode. Click YES, then power cycle the drive (off then on again) with however method you are using.

If it worked, it will show in the status window at the bottom the flash type of the drive (my drive was a 0401 so it showed I had a Winbond flash..etc.)

Then it will verify the drive key…add it to the database…and then prompt you where you want to save the Dummy.Bin (drive key) file. If you did the entire dump then it will prompt to save the Dummy.bin, Inquiry.bin, Key.bin, Serial.bin files one after another.

That’s It! I know I lack pictures here, but I will update this with pictures to help you guys out!

Edited by Ranger72, 23 August 2011 - 06:12 PM.

#2 shells344

shells344

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:32 PM

im getting drive to show in JF but im getting

Sending Vendor Intro to port 0xA000
Status 0x51
Re-sending Vendor Intro:
Device Intro failed!

SlimKey extraction failed! help please

#3 ArKineX

ArKineX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE(shells344 @ Aug 23 2011, 04:32 PM) View Post

im getting drive to show in JF but im getting

Sending Vendor Intro to port 0xA000
Status 0x51
Re-sending Vendor Intro:
Device Intro failed!

SlimKey extraction failed! help please

You are either power cycling the drive to slow (it says within 1 sec)...or possibly not power cycling properly (not sure what method you are using to power cycle, but try hot unplugging and replugging to power cycle (not from the drive connection though as you could damage it).

Make sure you check the switch on the converter (Should be set to IDE to SATA...Not SATA to IDE) and make sure the converter is properly powered with the supplied cable.

Also double check that it is seeing the DVD Drive under "IDE MASTER PRIMARY" with the proper address.

Edited by ArKineX, 23 August 2011 - 11:55 PM.

#4 ArKineX

ArKineX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:33 PM

Here is some pics of the IDE to SATA converter I Bought from Fry's Electronics:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by ArKineX, 24 August 2011 - 04:33 PM.

#5 bbgow

bbgow

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:51 AM

Hello!
Do exist 100% guarantee that if i buy a VIA 6421A card and upgrade it IDE to Sata converter (Like: (JM20330) Model:PD620-V2.2 I read this is good one)(or noname IDE to Sata converter) I will get key and flash any slim xbox 360?
I ask because so many info about VIA 6421A and slim liteons!
And finaly come out FW lt2.0...can i flash drive with this method?
(To get key i will use phatkey method)

Sorry for my English it`s not my first language)

#6 xboxdawg

xboxdawg

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:59 PM

Has anyone else gotten this to work? If so it would be a huge step forward. I am not willing to cut traces and drill into the chip. So this would be awesome if confirmed to work.

#7 lilbigyoungin2000

lilbigyoungin2000

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:09 AM

I can confirm this works as I just flashed my 0225 mxic drive. You still have to perform the necessary procedures to unlock the drive (solder, drill, etc). This just allows you to use your preexisting via card to flash the slim drives

#8 mcornbill

mcornbill

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:21 AM

I've just bought this one:

Ebay

Will post results.

#9 ginncorvus

ginncorvus

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:25 AM

#10 funbox360

funbox360

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:02 PM

I've just successfully got DVD key off 0225 Winbond using Via6421 chipset card and cheap Sata to USB adapter, based on the info I found below..
For me, it worked after I tried different sata port on card and different usb port. I changed from the sata port directly on back of card, to the one on the side, and the right hand side usb port on back of computer, done in Windows XP...

'connect your xbox360 and all cables
but disconnect sata cable from the drive.

plug ur usb to sata adapter in the back usb port and connect the sata cable to ur 0225 drive

now turn your 360 on

now open and close tray once.
quickly plug out the sata cable from usb adapter and plug it in your computers vt6421 sata card.
open jungle flasher (mine did not see drive straight away, but did after selecting diff I/O port.)
click dvdkey32
click slim unlock and say no
click yes.
now see the magic happen.
it will extract key and ask you to save.'

EDIT: One of these...
http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4aa2928ca5

Edited by funbox360, 14 October 2011 - 02:26 PM.

#11 mcornbill

mcornbill

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE(mcornbill @ Oct 13 2011, 05:21 AM) View Post

I've just bought this one:

Ebay

Will post results.

Ok well the adaptor does seem to work, drive is recognised in JF and is now on the IDE Primary Master RAID Controller I/O port. I have a Liteon model 9504 with 0225 firmware and Winbond chip. The console it came from has been updated to the latest 13599 dashboard so I believe the SPI is now locked, is that correct?

When following standard instructions here the drive goes into vendor mode, 0x72 status and flash data shows up fine, but then get 'Slimkey extraction failed!' at the end of the process. The SPI lock shouildn't be stopping the drive key from dumping should it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as always!

Cheers
Mark

Edited by mcornbill, 14 October 2011 - 05:33 PM.

#12 funbox360

funbox360

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:18 AM

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4aa2928ca5

#13 Hexx

Hexx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:07 AM

Why is this not on the front page?

#14 Alcoholx

Alcoholx

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:33 AM

worked well for me this method.. dumped the drive no problems, hot swap the drive then use slimkey

Edited by Alcoholx, 22 October 2011 - 12:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users