This my port of the game Defendguin to the Xbox.
Defendguin is a clone of the arcade game "Defender,"
but with a Linux theme. Your mission is to defend little
penguinoids from being captured and mutated.
With the Xbox being a hacked Microsoft product,
I'm shocked no one ported this sooner, as Mr. Gates
is the final boss
I wanted this to be a little more than a port, so
I added (what I think to be) improvements. I hope
you all enjoy it!
- Added a ship select screen. You can now pick
the red or the blue ship as player 1. Also
added 3 extra ships that did not appear in the
* Viper MK1 Ship unlocks after beating level 11
* Garbage truck fighter unlocks after beating the game.
* Secret ship unlocks only if the correct code is entered
on the main screen.
*ALL extra ships feature Linus Torvalds dancing at the end
when you beat the game, just like the original ships.
*Also created unique dancing Linus Torvalds for the red ship,
originally this shared the same sprites as the blue ship.
- Added the same ship select screen for the 2 player game.
Player 1 and 2 both choose their own ship. Both players
can be the blue ship if they want, or red, or any
of the other ships (if they are unlocked)
- Added screen resize, accessed through the options menu.
- Added graphical options menu. The original
was all text based using a super small font
the Xbox did not handle this well if you
re-sized the screen.
- Replaced the high-score font with TTF font on the
main menu. This displays a lot better than the original.
- Game auto-saves all data to the Xbox's HDD in the game-saves
folder. That means you can burn this to a disk and play it
if you wanted to. Also you can unlock all the ships and
transfer your game-save to another Xbox.
- Disabled P1 and P2 high-score display on main menu.
This was causing some slowdown with the stars and random
crashing. Might look into fixing it at a later time.
I've asked Madmab if he could put it on Xbins for me, but in the meantime you can download it HERE.
Edited by Pulsemasta, 25 August 2011 - 05:54 AM.