• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 filter4ever

filter4ever

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:32 AM

OKAY, I'm trying to see if I can give this one a go. I have a CPU AND NAND image from a dead (bridged GPU BGA) motherboard, I want to put onto another working falcon motherboard by having it reballed. I have had quite a few reballed, and they work nicely.

Couple issues:

1. The ethernet chip from the dead one is the small (BCM) one, and the one I'm swapping to is the ICS. Are the drivers for these stored in NAND and are different? If I put the NAND from the other mobo w/ the BCM on this is it gonna work with the ICS?

2. The CPU from the good board was manufactured in taiwan, from the bad board was canada. Any issues here?

Everything else is identical, except for some numbers on the southbridge in the bottom row. Top row of the part number sticker on the SATA port is the same part number. The dead was manufactured 8/08 and the good 1/08. Any thoughts? Anyone succesfully accomplish this? Any input would be appreciated, since this is my friend's xbox and don't wanna buy him a new one

Thanks

#2 pcs

pcs

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:40 PM

If it is only a bridged joint then why don't you just have the GPU reballed and fix the system that way?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users