X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:21 PM

ok soo i have read a little bit about jungleflasher and drive FW
So know my question is: i know you cannot flash benq drive using a usb/sata cable, but can you just extract the key using the sata/usb cable? i know you can only flash hitachi drive but like i said , i just wanna extract the key from the benq drive.
If not what can i use ?? i got a acer laptop soo my option are limited tongue.gif
thx

Edit: like in my device manage its said that i have:
|-Ide ata/atapi drive
|-Ata Cannel 0
|-Ata Cannel 0
|-Ata Cannel 1
|-Ata Cannel 2
|-Ata Cannel 3
|-Standar AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller
|-Standar Dual Channel PCI Ide Controller

Edited by alxtz, 26 August 2011 - 06:27 PM.

#2 tomgreen99200

tomgreen99200

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:28 PM

or you could find a friend with a SATA connection on his desktop PC.

#3 alxtz

alxtz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE(tomgreen99200 @ Aug 26 2011, 06:28 PM) View Post

or you could find a friend with a SATA connection on his desktop PC.

well i got one one my Laptop but dont really wanna open it tongue.gif

#4 scrimpus

scrimpus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:02 PM

I can assure you that you do not have an extra sata port inside your acer laptop, you only have one and your hard drive is connected to it, so unless you plan on disconnecting you hard drive and booting into DOS via usb, you are not going to be dumping any FW with it. Even then chances are slim to none that its going to work.

Edited by scrimpus, 26 August 2011 - 07:03 PM.

#5 alxtz

alxtz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:27 PM

...well im out of luck.. well i found a friend with sata port on is desktop pc, (do i still need something more like a particular chipset...ect)

Edit: can i just do that?

Turn off the computer. Remove the power plug from the connector on the computer. Open the computer's case. Put the Xbox 360 DVD drive into one of the empty DVD bays of the computer. Attach the power plug from inside of the drive bay to the power connector on the DVD drive. Attach the ribbon cable from inside of the drive bay to the connector on the DVD drive. Close the computer's case and turn the computer on.

Download and install the 360 Firmware Toolbox program to the desktop of the computer (see link in Resources). Restart the computer once installation is complete. Run the 360 Firmware Toolbox program.

Select "Tools," "Direct Drive Dump" then "Raw Dump" from the window that appears. Name the file that is going to be made "OriginalXbox" in the open column next to "Name." Click on the "Save" button to save the "OriginalXbox" file to the computer's hard drive.

Click "No" when the window pops up to ask if you want to see the file and use the <validate checksum feature> to avoid bad dump?

Edited by alxtz, 26 August 2011 - 08:03 PM.

#6 digipimp75

digipimp75

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:17 PM

Don't use FW Toolbox. It's severely outdated and hasn't been supported in quite some time. Use JungleFlasher

#7 tomgreen99200

tomgreen99200

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:09 PM

As mentioned above, use Jungleflasher. No you won't be able to power the xbox360 drive with your PC (not without an adapter or some kind). No you don't need to put it into a bay. Just leave the computer open while you flash. Use the xbox360 to power the drive. The SATA cable should be connected to the PC. Just follow the Jungleflasher tutorial it explain everything with pictures and all.

#8 alxtz

alxtz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:57 AM

thx i just wanted to clear that up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users