X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:31 PM

IPB Image

I am confused whether it is a halo edition or not.. It does not say halo on the front. I picked it up from the trash a while back.
Also, It is v1.4, so would it have a gpu fan?

Thanks,
Eitsuop

Edited by eitsuop, 27 August 2011 - 08:34 PM.

#2 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:40 PM

no gpu fan on 1.4 they have bigger gpu heatsinks.
and i think thats just a green case. but it has microsoft written on it (bottom right corner) so im not sure didn't think 3rd party companys were allowed to do that.

Edited by shambles1980, 27 August 2011 - 08:48 PM.

#3 eitsuop

eitsuop

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:52 PM

It was from Electronic Art's dumpster, so I dont think they would have taken the time to do a case swap. (The game saves on there are pretty amazing, done by game testers/developers.)

So in comparison to Halo Ed., is it more/less rare? I love the colour anyway, it is such a break from plain old black.

I had assumed that it had a gpu fan, because It is quite a noisy bugger. But I guess each version had a slighty different fan?

#4 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:56 PM

(from wiki)

Translucent Green

Units Available: 20,000 Manufactured - 5,000 sold (Europe)
Retail Price: €229/149

On May 2, 2003 a Translucent Green Limited Edition Xbox(rare) was released in Europe to celebrate Xbox's one-year European birthday. The console came with two matching Controller S and retailed for €229/149. It had a limited munufacture of 20,000 units but only sold 5,000 units(in Europe). The styling of the Translucent Green Xbox is identical to Debug Units used in game development; of course, the retail versions lacked the words "Debug Kit" on the front of the case. The green Controller S was also sold separately. The Translucent Green Limited Edition Xbox was also released in Canada and came with one matching Controller S and two games, Crimson Skies and Project Gotham Racing 2.

------------------------

Halo CE

Units Available: 200,000[2]
Retail Price: $169 USD

On March 14, 2004, Microsoft released a special version of the Xbox in the United States, Australia and New Zealand. This version was translucent green and came with a copy of Halo: Combat Evolved and a matching translucent green Controller S. The console case featured the Halo logo and the words "Special Edition"; the controller had a jewel that had the Halo logo in place of the normal Xbox logo. The version of Halo that came with this bundle was identical to other versions of Halo, with the exception of a "NOT FOR RESALE" notice placed on the front of the game case.

----------------------------------------------

Edited by shambles1980, 27 August 2011 - 08:58 PM.

#5 eitsuop

eitsuop

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 09:18 PM

Cool, thanks for the info.

#6 Libtoem

Libtoem

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:55 AM

Does it say on the bottom stickers about it being a debug kit,also did you open it up.

#7 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:33 AM

If it doesn't say Halo ot Debug somewhere it isn't a Halo LE or a Debug one. It looks to me like an ordinary Green LE and if you are where you say you are I'd guess it was most likely one of those Canadian originated examples.

The PAL UK/EU Green LE, one of which I own, are, according to the most reliable information all v.1.2 but I've no idea if that applies to the Canadian ones too.

If you search for a thread I started back in February about UnleashX mis-reporting version numbers spliff721 provided a useful link with regards to identifying Xbox versions.

Edited by fallenangle, 31 August 2011 - 12:36 AM.

#8 eitsuop

eitsuop

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:56 AM

Libtoem- No.. not a debug kit. I wish.
I did open it up, but only to replace the HDD, but I did it without piercing the stickers.

I'm pretty sure its a v1.4, but that's according to an app included in Hexen. So I cant be too sure if it's correct.
I have seen the thread, its a great one. I like it when people take their time to help others out.

#9 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE(eitsuop @ Sep 1 2011, 09:56 AM) View Post

Libtoem- No.. not a debug kit. I wish.
I did open it up, but only to replace the HDD, but I did it without piercing the stickers.

I'm pretty sure its a v1.4, but that's according to an app included in Hexen. So I cant be too sure if it's correct.
I have seen the thread, its a great one. I like it when people take their time to help others out.

you can tell what it is by examining the board..

#10 eitsuop

eitsuop

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:26 PM

Shambles, yes, I am aware of that. I just don't really feel like prying back my stickers and feet again, just to look at the inside of my Xbox.

#11 big F Mk II

big F Mk II

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:35 PM

Looks like a Green LE to me, I have one.

Does it have a black Xbox Badge on the top ?

#12 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:54 AM

i got one of these recently...
1/2 dead needed serious repairs. and iit seems to be a 1.2 board (havent done full checks on it just looked it over quickly and seems to be 1.2)
were only sold ineurope and canada for the 1 year mark so they are probably all the same revision.

only 5 thousand sold in europe it seems so im happy i was able to fix it. been trying to sell it but i doubt il get a buyer because it neeed the repairs and i dont want to let it go for cheap as id rather keep it.
i tsoped it and up graeded the hard disk to 160gb, so add to that that i had to repair it "caps and traces" i had to replace all the case screws give it new rubber feet (previous owner had lost them) and then replace most of the stickers underneath (guy seemed to have riped them all up) Its a very limited market that want to buy it...
The total price of 100 on ebay with clear green offical S type controller i though was/is fair but no one seems to want it.
what with the ebay fees and everything els im not going to accept any less on theire so it seems il just have to keep it. "not a problem"
Il just put up a 1.6 black xbox with 160gb hard disk (my bedroom xbox) for about 60 With shipping and some 1 will buy that for some strange reason..

Personaly if i were them id pay the extra to get a green limited eddition tsoped box i put a lot of care and work in to that thing and its come out immaculate.

Edited by shambles1980, 25 October 2011 - 01:57 AM.

#13 eitsuop

eitsuop

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE(big F Mk II @ Oct 24 2011, 03:35 PM) View Post

Looks like a Green LE to me, I have one.

Does it have a black Xbox Badge on the top ?

Sorry, my account was down for a while there. Sure is, I love the black top for a change, instead of regular old green.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users