#16 tutu

tutu

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 07:48 AM

Hang on.. I didn't realise that.

When you copy the save from the Memory card it also not just copies the hacked save to the hard drive but also whatever else was in it? Like Evox/emulators/XBMP ?

Perhaps it would be possible to hack up an evox.ini that could launch these from the save game area of the xbox hard drive.

You would still need to load 007/MA tho.

#17 K-Naledge

K-Naledge

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Work in telecommunications, IT Consultant, used to manage www.backup-source.com<br /><br />DC/PSX Scene OG
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 July 2003 - 08:17 AM

My apologies JUNKIE!! *slaps forehead*

Thanks for the catch by -nsn

I missed in the tutorial one of those "easy" steps you jsut take forgranted and breeze right by. YES, you DO have to load the save file to the HDD. If you read later in the tutorial you'll notice I imply this. But I didn't make it clear obviously. That is entirely my fault! Sorry for putting you thru the headache junkie! I have updated the tutorial.

Also, keep in mind that the theory of just loading all other apps and such FROM the memory unit (like a complete has of the font files, etc.) is NOT wise (because it doesn't give you the opportunity to backup the originals namely) AND they won't fit. I tried tongue.gif

Thanks again for the patience!

#18 CybrJnkie

CybrJnkie

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 July 2003 - 08:45 AM

hey, not a problem. I got it in the end didn't I?! cool.gif

Hmm...from here could I just back everything up and replace the hard drive and have it go right back into EvoX on boot after I copy the backup files over to the new hard drive?

I'm just happy to have gotten this up and running.

I'm retarded though. After ordering the Mega-X Key I realize I can just FTP the game save to my xbox and then onto the memory card. A good $40 down the drain. Oh well.

#19 K-Naledge

K-Naledge

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Work in telecommunications, IT Consultant, used to manage www.backup-source.com<br /><br />DC/PSX Scene OG
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 July 2003 - 08:51 AM

Assuming you know how to actually install a new HDD (HDD Upgrade "trick") then, yes. You could just copy everything over and it would work as usual.

Remember, this isn't a custom made exploit. This is a general purpose exploit, much like how I am able to add this exploit to my X-Box however many miles away from you, you should also be able to simply copy everything over and it would work as usual.

MY suggestion: Wait until there is an actual fix for the current exploit, seeing as how the F: drive apparently is still not accessible (perhaps I'm doing something wrong? any info would be appreciated).

Let me know either way. I'd like to hear how it turns out for you.

As for spending $40 today.... yeah I feel ya. I FIRST went to my friends house 20 minutes away (meh..) to get his modded X-Box. Then, stopped at Blockbuster to rent 007 ($6.00 right there). Then stopped at a new place around here called "Game Crazy" where I bought a MS brand Memory Unit for $26.00 all together.

Went home, did everything as I described above (though it took me damn long enough)... but I didn't realize that you could press RIGHT when highlighting a game save to choose to COPY it. I was only aware of DELETEING a file.. so I freaked and bought a Action Replay ($39.99)...so I spent about $80.00 today to get this working... but it was to my benefit.

I learned a lot and I got a memory card and action replay out of the deal... kind of like a travelling KEY to unlock all other X-Box's. Poppin' cherries wink.gif

#20 CybrJnkie

CybrJnkie

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 09:28 AM

ohhhh yeaah. F Drive problem...hmmm.Quite honestly I don't feel like scraping up another hard drive to be the guinea pig on this one. But hey, if I got one layin around I'll give it a shot. I should really take the 40 out of my tivo and use it for my xbox. It was great when I first put it in there but I hardly watch tv anymore.

#21 FrankDux

FrankDux

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 09:30 AM

I posted this before but no answeres yet, so one last time...

I have 2 xboxs : 1 modded and 1 unmodded... I also have a space 80gig HDD fully xbox / evox loaded with games and all.. it came out of an old xbox that went tits up... I want to put the exploit on the unmodded xbox with the 80gig in it... how do I go about doing that, from what I hear I have to lock the 80gig to the unmodded xbox's M/B ... but If i cant load the unlocked HDD in the unmodded box how do i get the backup password to lock it???

HELP PLEASE

#22 CybrJnkie

CybrJnkie

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 09:50 AM

well if you have something as simple as the Matrix in your modded box, i'd probly just stick the matrix in and get configmagic on there just so you can lock it and get whatever passes you need in the process. then take it out and go ahead with the exploit now that you've locked it. That's assuming that the F drive would work though, which, for now, shows a Zero as its size in System Utitlities.

Just a guess.

Edited by CybrJnkie, 07 July 2003 - 09:50 AM.

#23 jason987

jason987

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 11:50 AM

About the F drive, I heard in a forum that it is unformatted and you have to format it with something to make it work...

#24 aceboomer

aceboomer

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 12:57 PM

did everything like you said, meet all xbox hardware requirements
still does not work
will free evo-x work with a larger locked hard drive?

#25 louis lane

louis lane

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 01:01 PM

i used me modded xbox to put the 007auf on a mem card and ...... blah blah... to get the exox dash on me unmodded xbox. problem is, that i cannot ftp to it. neither my PC or the xbox can detect a link. i have the 4034 kernel but it is a v1.1 xbox. i have absolutly no problems connecting to my modded xbox, so all i am really asking is whether or not the FTP connect problem i am having is due to the fact that i have a v1.1 xbox? or should i keep trying (and cursing wink.gif ) at it? smile.gif

#26 FrankDux

FrankDux

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 01:10 PM

If I put my 8gig (stock) HDD from the unmodded xbox into the modded xbox,
place the bert and snuf (exploits + dash) on it, then put that HDD back into the unmodded xbox. it should work, becasue that HDD is locked nativly from M$... now once it is loaded and sitting in EVO-X DASH,, can I unplug the drive while the xbox is on, put in my 80gig HDD that came out of my old xbox that is unlocked and fully prepped with EVO-X and the NEW EXPLOIT files and then lock it in the unmodded xbox... is that possible.. to do a HOT swap with the drives... sorry for the long run on...

#27 newb0x

newb0x

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 04:52 PM

Great tutorial.

I'm also getting the errorcode 21.
I use MEchassault to load the hack save from the HD. when I load the "Run Linux" save it gives me the error21.

My specs are v1.1 Xbox
K: 1.00.4817.01
D: 1.00.4920.01

I've never gone on Xbox Live but I did select the Xbox Live option on the dash once or twice just to see what it does.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by newb0x, 07 July 2003 - 06:55 PM.

#28 pgkool

pgkool

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 05:32 PM

i heard that one of these exploits changes the bios on the xbox. liek the pheonix hack does one thing and using the !loader does somehting else.

Note: It looks like 'The Pheonix Project' is patching the kernel in memory directly in the .xft files. The Complex !Loader is patching the kernel in their .xbe file. So it looks like 2 different ways to do this.

i dont understand this, will i still be able to return to the "virgin" state of my xbox if i jsut delete and replace the three files (2 fonts and the default +remove all evox and/or backup files)? Which exploit can i return to virgin state?

#29 osmoseding

osmoseding

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 05:36 PM

is there a way to uninstall this after you have installed it?
so you can go back to playing normal games online without having to be afraid of getting banned.

edit:
sorry, didn't see the above post. was to busy registering...
i guess both questions are the same so feel free to delete this one.

Edited by osmoseding, 07 July 2003 - 05:37 PM.

#30 DBZRacer

DBZRacer

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (FrankDux @ Jul 7 2003, 07:10 AM)
If I put my 8gig (stock) HDD from the unmodded xbox into the modded xbox,
place the bert and snuf (exploits + dash) on it, then put that HDD back into the unmodded xbox. it should work, becasue that HDD is locked nativly from M$... now once it is loaded and sitting in EVO-X DASH,, can I unplug the drive while the xbox is on, put in my 80gig HDD that came out of my old xbox that is unlocked and fully prepped with EVO-X and the NEW EXPLOIT files and then lock it in the unmodded xbox... is that possible.. to do a HOT swap with the drives... sorry for the long run on...

I do not know or have tried this exploit yet but I would highly recommend that you NOT HOT SWAP your hds. You can fry your hds in the process since the will be already powered during the swap.

If I had to personally do it, my approach to swapping a drive from a modded xbox to an unmodded xbox would be.

1. Boot up modded xbox with your larger locked HD
2. FTP the Free-X xploit files outlined in this above tutorial into the approriate folders in the modded locked hd
3. shut down xbox
4. remove locked hd with xploit files from modded xbox and plug in the new xbox without a modchip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users