62 replies to this topic

#46 olc

olc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE(Obveron @ Aug 31 2011, 03:35 PM) View Post

NTFS USB drives not working. so no files over 4gb.

wouldn't using a HFS+ (mac) formatted hard disk solve this issue? one would need the ipod optionnal plugin to be installed though.

#47 tbb033

tbb033

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE(olc @ Aug 31 2011, 12:55 PM) View Post

wouldn't using a HFS+ (mac) formatted hard disk solve this issue? one would need the ipod optionnal plugin to be installed though.

I doubt people with existing NTFS drives full of movies want to scrap the whole thing and reformat.

#48 Claud Ballz

Claud Ballz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:54 PM

Finally, an end to Microsoft's DRM bullshit! Out of about 5 JTAG's I have put together only one would play media reliably without throwing off a codec error. And it's driven me half mad trying to figure out why it never worked as it should.

Suck it MS!

Oh, and in other news, congrats on getting bent over harder than Sony.

#49 Grim187

Grim187

X-S Freak

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:10 PM

been waiting for this since 2006, somehow Thank You just dosent say it.

looks like i wont have any problems playing any of my movies as they are mostly 720p xvid with either mp3 or ac3 audio, if only it supported smb so i dident have to move everything external, im sure it will eventually.

im sure by the time i get done building some reset glitch boards there will be a rebooter out and i can use this on a slim (even my jasper is a bit loud to play movies)

in any case this is major progress in the right direction, thank you for releasing the source, much appreciated.

o did i say

Thank You

no?...ok i will say it again

Thank You

biggrin.gif

#50 MadBoxer

MadBoxer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE(Claud Ballz @ Sep 3 2011, 07:54 AM) View Post

Finally, an end to Microsoft's DRM bullshit! Out of about 5 JTAG's I have put together only one would play media reliably without throwing off a codec error. And it's driven me half mad trying to figure out why it never worked as it should.

Suck it MS!

Oh, and in other news, congrats on getting bent over harder than Sony.

The optional media update works great as long as you set it up correctly. It will of course only play the codex and formats that MS allows. Any other codec's will need to be played with FFplay360.

Steps to get video to play:
1. Find the "optional media update". Use yariswap to remove or verify there is no console ID.
2. Put media update on a XBOX formated mem stick, hdd, or usb hard drive. It will not work if you place it in the contents folder on your USB drive. It must be located on an XBOX formated media.
3. Install full dashboard release that includes avatars. Without installing the full dashboard w/ avatars I found the screen shows up black.
4. Goto stock NXE dashboard, click on your Video Library and enjoy!

I can't wait until this FFplay360 is more stable and the optional media codex pack is a thing of the past. Keep up the great work guys!

#51 hack.rid

hack.rid

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:49 AM

please port it to libxenon!

#52 Ultra_Extreme

Ultra_Extreme

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:43 AM

Whilst i love the homebrew crew and what they are doing, is this type of app really worth the hassle when an $80 western digital/seagate network media player will play 1080p mkv files flawlessly even outputting optical DTS to a receiver?

I love the effort and the tech but its a bit like building a transistor radio these days, why?

#53 Obveron

Obveron

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:22 PM

It is worth the hassle if it can lead to bigger and better apps that can do everything a WD live player can do and more.

#54 DARKFiB3R

DARKFiB3R

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:46 PM

It has the potential to p*** all over a WD LIVE.

And having 1 less box under the telly has to be a good thing.

I live in hope...

Edited by DARKFiB3R, 08 October 2011 - 04:46 PM.

#55 Dys0n

Dys0n

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:I like programing, hardware design and programing, hardware modding, xbox modding etc.
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:55 AM

This project looks like it could go places maybe with networking capabilties would be a nice touch

#56 babylonx

babylonx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:22 AM

That's great!
Now add some support for srt subs and it's gonna rock!

#57 JamieLee2k

JamieLee2k

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

I have an RGH and I wondered if someone can tell me where to install this?

#58 Haygar

Haygar

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:08 PM

Just copy the folder to anywhere you like and run it from there. Me personally, I have a folder called Homebrew on my hdd and just add it to my paths in FSD.

It's a pity this hasn't moved on much, I'm gonna have to get a WD Live or Boxee to stream my stuff. I can't handle the choppy playback thru windows media center on most of the so-called HD formats. Microsoft, you really suck the big one!!!
XBMC was awesome in it's day on the old xbox1, I wish the guys had continued their support on the 360. sad.gif

#59 Obveron

Obveron

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

Yes it is sad that development has stopped on this project. I was hoping the FSD team would integrate media playback into their dashboard.

#60 joemegahertz

joemegahertz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:44 AM

Does anyone else having a freezing issue? I try playing a h.264 standard def movie file. only special option is 8x8 transform. I'm trying to play some TV episodes. It will play one file fine but it will freeze bout 20 min in on the next file. Ive tried different file combinations and different media setting to no avail. I've even tried different formats it makes no difference. I have the files on 500 gig usbhdd if that helps. thanx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users