Photo

Can You Manually Close The Samsung Xbox Disc Tray?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Erick.Xbox

Erick.Xbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:11 AM

Every tray-loading optical drive I know supports the ability to manually close the disc tray. However, the official Xbox manual only mentions using the eject button. I know you can manually close the Xbox 360 disc tray, but what about the Xbox 1 disc tray?

#2 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:34 AM

you mean by just pushing it and then it closes its self? if so yes you can..

#3 Erick.Xbox

Erick.Xbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:05 PM

Yes, that's what I mean. Have you ever tried it? I read a gamer did it, but the game didn't play.

#4 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:10 PM

I have Xboxes with Samsung, Thompson and Hitachi disc drives. You can close all of them manually and whatever game disc you've loaded, assuming you are using the MS dash or hacked dask with autorun set, it works fine.

FYI DVDs behave a little differently which may in part account for that inaccurate information about the tray drawer closing method. DVDs will launch by whatever method you close the tray. But if you're using the MS retail dash on an unmodded or chipped (off) machine you do have to have the DVD Playing Kit ie. the dongle or they won't play. You should get an error message to that effect.

However on a modded machine ie. softmodded or chipped (on), dongle or not, if you try to launch a DVD from the MS dash it will actually return you to the hacked dash and whatever autolaunch setting you've used there will apply.

#5 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:44 PM

right now i have more xboxes than i can shake a stick at lol.. "over bought" and they all work just fine with manual closing of the tray.

#6 Erick.Xbox

Erick.Xbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:04 PM

Well, that answers that. Now we have a good answer to this question on the Web. Thanks, guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users