#1 ikno2much

ikno2much

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:39 AM

Ok so I have been out of the modding scene for a long time. I just recently dug out my old classic Xbox hooked it up and to my surprise everything worked. Here are my specs:

Xbox Version - 1.0
Mod Chip - Xecuter 2 lite
Bios Version - X2 Build 4977_BigHDDFix
Evox Version - +3921

I am wanting to update this with the latest bios, and with xbmc. The problem is I don't have a clue where or how to start. I recently saw a cool Youtube video of someone running xbmc and you could access all your Xbox game backups, emulators, and more, plus all the games had clean cover art etc... It was just a really nice setup. Here is a link to the video for how I would like mine to look/work when I'm done:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

I also came across another video with some pretty cool hardware mods but it didn't have any info on how to do them. Here is a link for that video:

If anyone can help point me in the right direction I would be eternally grateful. I apologize if I posted this in the wrong forum I figured Evox because I am technically trying to upgrade. Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:42 AM

Nothing to do with Evox......

Grab HeXEn (Google Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc). Burn to DVD-R at 4x or slower. Use it to flash a newer BIOS (Option 3.2), then use option 3.5.2. Clean C partition after TSOP flash, then select option 4.1. Install XBMC to E. Use FTP to delete the current XBMC installation from E:\Apps\XBMC and replace it with the latest version. Reboot and make sure that XBMC works when you run it as an application from the dashboard.

Once XBMC works as an application you can use the dashboard switching tool (either run from the default UnleashX dash or from HeXEn - Option 5.1.4.3 Switch to XBMC on E) to change the default dash to XBMC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users