#1 badnerd7

badnerd7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:10 PM

Hi i have an xbox and i accidently deleted dash files. and my xbox didnt start it was stuck at logo screen so i connected it to my laptop ide to usb converter and i was messing arround on XboxHDM 1.9 and acidently set a password cant remember if it was user or master and my hdd is locked i think i just typed some random password in and it said you password is now "G0" something like that cant remember,
I cant unlock my hdd to use with my xbox i get error 6.
i havent got acces to any pc only my usb to ide.
please help i have a seagate slim model ST310014ACE

Ok i also have another question regarding about this if my hdd is locked and gives me error 6 can i ftp?
or maybe will a boot disk for xbox work?

i really need your help because i been searching for weeks and its driving me nuts!!! muhaha.gif grr.gif

#2 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE(badnerd7 @ Sep 2 2011, 03:10 PM) View Post

Hi i have an xbox and i accidently deleted dash files. and my xbox didnt start it was stuck at logo screen so i connected it to my laptop ide to usb converter and i was messing arround on XboxHDM 1.9 and acidently set a password cant remember if it was user or master and my hdd is locked i think i just typed some random password in and it said you password is now "G0" something like that cant remember,
I cant unlock my hdd to use with my xbox i get error 6.
i havent got acces to any pc only my usb to ide.
please help i have a seagate slim model ST310014ACE

Ok i also have another question regarding about this if my hdd is locked and gives me error 6 can i ftp?
or maybe will a boot disk for xbox work?

i really need your help because i been searching for weeks and its driving me nuts!!! muhaha.gif grr.gif

try to unlock it using xboxscene as the password. (possibly all caps)
xboxhdm usualy sets a master password that is a default value incase you do somthing like this..
And aslong as the drive is locked and xbox cant unlock it.. you can't do anything like ftp or utility disks.

the master pw should work though. if it dosent, hang around because others here will have alternative passwords that the locking programs use. I only remember the XBOXSCENE one

Edited by shambles1980, 02 September 2011 - 03:32 PM.

#3 badnerd7

badnerd7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE(shambles1980 @ Sep 2 2011, 03:27 PM) View Post

try to unlock it using xboxscene as the password. (possibly all caps)
xboxhdm usualy sets a master password that is a default value incase you do somthing like this..
And aslong as the drive is locked and xbox cant unlock it.. you can't do anything like ftp or utility disks.

the master pw should work though. if it dosent, hang around because others here will have alternative passwords that the locking programs use. I only remember the XBOXSCENE one

Hi i have tried that password and many others using tools ATAPWD and MHDD but still no luck it was unlocked as i had a softmod and i accidently deleted a dash file and it didnt boot up so i connected the xbox hdd to my PC using master IDE and booted up XBOXHDM 1.9 and i had this undefined error when choosing options 1 and 2 so i selected option 3 and i think i typed in "lockhd" and i THINK it was User not sure? then the pc said enter a new password so me stupidly entered some random password i think i set it as "g" because it said your password is now "G0"
Well something like that, ive tried unlocking it with that password but still no sucess. Ok so then i put the hdd back in my XBOX and it gave me error 6 ( which i kow means locked hd), and then i also ran ATAPWD and the secrity is MAX which i read can only be unlocked with user password. I also brought a ide to usb for my Laptop and i did Idotsfan tut with qemu and XboxHDM for Laptop USB IDE and i tried rebuild hd from scratch but i read it wont work because you need a unlocked hdd to work with XboxHDM. I also know theres a website that unlock it called hddunlock.com but i dont have a pc that will run it, i only have windows 98 pc with one ide wich is being used for my pc hdd!, and hddtool.com wouldnt work with Laptop USB IDE!
I really need your help please!

#4 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE(badnerd7 @ Sep 3 2011, 01:50 PM) View Post

Hi i have tried that password and many others using tools ATAPWD and MHDD but still no luck it was unlocked as i had a softmod and i accidently deleted a dash file and it didnt boot up so i connected the xbox hdd to my PC using master IDE and booted up XBOXHDM 1.9 and i had this undefined error when choosing options 1 and 2 so i selected option 3 and i think i typed in "lockhd" and i THINK it was User not sure? then the pc said enter a new password so me stupidly entered some random password i think i set it as "g" because it said your password is now "G0"
Well something like that, ive tried unlocking it with that password but still no sucess. Ok so then i put the hdd back in my XBOX and it gave me error 6 ( which i kow means locked hd), and then i also ran ATAPWD and the secrity is MAX which i read can only be unlocked with user password. I also brought a ide to usb for my Laptop and i did Idotsfan tut with qemu and XboxHDM for Laptop USB IDE and i tried rebuild hd from scratch but i read it wont work because you need a unlocked hdd to work with XboxHDM. I also know theres a website that unlock it called hddunlock.com but i dont have a pc that will run it, i only have windows 98 pc with one ide wich is being used for my pc hdd!, and hddtool.com wouldnt work with Laptop USB IDE!
I really need your help please!

softmods need a locked hard disk and it wouldnt work with an unlocked hard disk.. what your saying dosent really add up.
im also 99.9% sure you have to have a specific number of charicters in your password. error 6 is cant unlock hard disk. so you do seem to have it locked with the wrong password though..
ar you sure you didnt do lockhd -a ?
if you did lockhd -a try unlockhd -a and you are sure you used xboxhdm to lock it?

#5 badnerd7

badnerd7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE(shambles1980 @ Sep 3 2011, 03:30 PM) View Post

softmods need a locked hard disk and it wouldnt work with an unlocked hard disk.. what your saying dosent really add up.
im also 99.9% sure you have to have a specific number of charicters in your password. error 6 is cant unlock hard disk. so you do seem to have it locked with the wrong password though..
ar you sure you didnt do lockhd -a ?
if you did lockhd -a try unlockhd -a and you are sure you used xboxhdm to lock it?

i think i might have typed lockhd -a i cant remember and im sure i used xboxhdm version 1.9
thanks for helping me so far

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:25 AM

If you locked it with a password that you now can't remember then you are almost certainly out of luck. You could try one of the default passwords. If it's a modded disk try TEAMASSEMBLY or XBOXSCENE. If it's a stock disk try "Seagate" + 25 spaces as the master code if it's a Seagate drive, and WDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWD if it's a Western Digital drive.

#7 badnerd7

badnerd7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Sep 4 2011, 02:25 AM) View Post

If you locked it with a password that you now can't remember then you are almost certainly out of luck. You could try one of the default passwords. If it's a modded disk try TEAMASSEMBLY or XBOXSCENE. If it's a stock disk try "Seagate" + 25 spaces as the master code if it's a Seagate drive, and WDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWD if it's a Western Digital drive.

Ok could you please give me a full tutorial on how to do this please, what tools to use and where to connect hdd and so
i do know,but i just want to try again properly
SOOO MAD!! grr.gif grr.gif grr.gif

#8 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE(badnerd7 @ Sep 4 2011, 05:58 PM) View Post

Ok could you please give me a full tutorial on how to do this please, what tools to use and where to connect hdd and so
i do know,but i just want to try again properly
SOOO MAD!! grr.gif grr.gif grr.gif

If you can use a pc ith 1 ide channel all you need is the CD drive and thelocked hard disk attached to the primary ide and the hard disk drive set as master. and cd/dvd player set to slave. "actualy your hard disk is not set to slave inyour xbox is it? maybe you should check that its set to master or cable select."
if you cant get xboxhdm to unlock your hard disk using the Unlock -a. or any of the given passwords try unlocking itr ith the passwords when using atapwd.

#9 badnerd7

badnerd7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE(shambles1980 @ Sep 4 2011, 07:56 PM) View Post

If you can use a pc ith 1 ide channel all you need is the CD drive and thelocked hard disk attached to the primary ide and the hard disk drive set as master. and cd/dvd player set to slave. "actualy your hard disk is not set to slave inyour xbox is it? maybe you should check that its set to master or cable select."
if you cant get xboxhdm to unlock your hard disk using the Unlock -a. or any of the given passwords try unlocking itr ith the passwords when using atapwd.

Thanks soo much shambles and others will try this out tommorow!
Hope it works!
wink.gif

#10 badnerd7

badnerd7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:09 PM

wait a second doesnt Unlock -a command in xboxHDM mean Unlock HDD with eeprom?
if it does i dont have no eeprom backup!, and with atapwd should i do unlock with master or user?
when i do user it gives me command rejected by drive , and when i do unlock with master password it says Error Time out
What do i do? Can you maybe give a simplier tutorial , sorry to bother you if im being a pain
sad.gif

#11 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:20 PM

i still dont understand how you did what you did..
you say it is softmoded.. So the hard disk should have been locked.. so how did you unlock it to relock it?

#12 badnerd7

badnerd7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE(shambles1980 @ Sep 6 2011, 01:20 PM) View Post

i still dont understand how you did what you did..
you say it is softmoded.. So the hard disk should have been locked.. so how did you unlock it to relock it?

okay from the start - i softmodded my stock xbox with stock hdd and i stupidly deleted the dash files so when i booted up my xbox it was stuck at the green xbox logo , so then i got my xbox ready for hotswap by removing dvd ide and getting error 12 so hotswapped and i didnt know what i was doing with xboxhdm and randomly typed lockhd and entered random password and then i put the hdd back and restarted xbox and know i have error 6 and i also have no eeprom backup

i got confused because i thought error 12 meant unlocked hdd, but it means check dvd ide, so the hdd is locked and all i want to do is get it unlocked so i can use it with xboxhdm and rebuild hdd from scratch because atapwd says my hdd is locked and xboxhdm only works with unlocked hdd

does that help?

Edited by badnerd7, 06 September 2011 - 05:35 PM.

#13 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE(badnerd7 @ Sep 6 2011, 05:30 PM) View Post

okay from the start - i softmodded my stock xbox with stock hdd and i stupidly deleted the dash files so when i booted up my xbox it was stuck at the green xbox logo , so then i got my xbox ready for hotswap by removing dvd ide and getting error 12 so hotswapped and i didnt know what i was doing with xboxhdm and randomly typed lockhd and entered random password and then i put the hdd back and restarted xbox and know i have error 6 and i also have no eeprom backup

you really should be able to unlock it with xboxhdm then using XBOXSCENE as your password because it sets that as the master password when you use it. When its unlocked "if you properly softmoded your xbox" you can find the eeprom.bin in e:\backups

If i were you i would..
Dissconnect all hhard drives from my pc.
connect the xbox hard disk to primary IDE channel 1 as master. Connect a IDE cd/dvd player to primary ide channel 2 as slave.
Boot with xboxhdm select option 3 and type unlockhd -p XBOXSCENE

It should unlock it..
i would then reconnect 1 hard disk. So i could boot to windows with the xbox hard disk still attached. the cd rom drive is not importaint for now.. and install xplorer360.
I would then use xplorer360 to view the hard disk and try to find the eeprom.bin
if its there i would burn a new xboxhdm disk with the eeprom file in the correct folder. and use that disk to lock the hard disk using xboxhdm -a.

If you cant unlock the hard disk.. then you are out one hard disk. You can repair the xbox with a new hard disk and a eeprom reader + ponyprog.
If you can unlock the hard disk but you cant find an eeprom.bin because you did not make a backup at all.. then you will need an eeprom reader to fix it.

hope this helps.

p.s

If you want to waste money shipping the thing back and forth i can have a look at it for you i have an eeprom reader and some 40gb hard disks if your hard disk is stuck being locked.
This would probably cost you more in shipping alone than getting a working second hand xbox and moding it again would cost you.
and a new hard disk would not be free if i had to replace it either.

ofvourse if your in north wales and within reasonable traveling distance you could just bring it with you and i could have a look at it that way, but i doubt you are any where near me.

Edited by shambles1980, 06 September 2011 - 05:48 PM.

#14 badnerd7

badnerd7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE(shambles1980 @ Sep 6 2011, 05:40 PM) View Post

you really should be able to unlock it with xboxhdm then using XBOXSCENE as your password because it sets that as the master password when you use it. When its unlocked "if you properly softmoded your xbox" you can find the eeprom.bin in e:\backups

If i were you i would..
Dissconnect all hhard drives from my pc.
connect the xbox hard disk to primary IDE channel 1 as master. Connect a IDE cd/dvd player to primary ide channel 2 as slave.
Boot with xboxhdm select option 3 and type unlockhd -p XBOXSCENE

It should unlock it..
i would then reconnect 1 hard disk. So i could boot to windows with the xbox hard disk still attached. the cd rom drive is not importaint for now.. and install xplorer360.
I would then use xplorer360 to view the hard disk and try to find the eeprom.bin
if its there i would burn a new xboxhdm disk with the eeprom file in the correct folder. and use that disk to lock the hard disk using xboxhdm -a.

If you cant unlock the hard disk.. then you are out one hard disk. You can repair the xbox with a new hard disk and a eeprom reader + ponyprog.
If you can unlock the hard disk but you cant find an eeprom.bin because you did not make a backup at all.. then you will need an eeprom reader to fix it.

hope this helps.

p.s

If you want to waste money shipping the thing back and forth i can have a look at it for you i have an eeprom reader and some 40gb hard disks if your hard disk is stuck being locked.
This would probably cost you more in shipping alone than getting a working second hand xbox and moding it again would cost you.
and a new hard disk would not be free if i had to replace it either.

ofvourse if your in north wales and within reasonable traveling distance you could just bring it with you and i could have a look at it that way, but i doubt you are any where near me.

looks like im s.o.l because that password doesnt work because i changed it, ive tried the password and its a no, i know theres other passwords like seagate + 25 spaces but none of them work. what bout hddunlock.com ? , one prob i dont have a pc with one spare ide to connect 2 hdds?
and it would be to far to go to north wales as im in birmingham

#15 badnerd7

badnerd7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:17 PM

so am i stuck?
what do you suggest?

0 user(s) are reading this topic