Scrambled Video Signal Out Of Nowhere
Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:17 PM
Got a hardmodded (Xecuter2) xbox running XBMC as the default dash. It's been years running without any problems. It's been hooked up to a SD TV and I have component cables out.
Yesterday I got (finally) a new HDTV so naturally I wanted to hook up the box to see how it looks in HD. Changed the settings to 720p, effed around for awhile, then unhooked it. Plugged it back into the SDTV, scrambled picture. Must be because I'm still outputting 720p. Double thumbstick, user settings deleted, still scrambled.
FTP in (I can, so the XBMC must be loading), delete XBMC and upload a more recent build. Still scrambled. Check out guisettings.xml and try to force 480 and turn off any HD output. Still scrambled.
Here's the weird part - when I turn on the xbox I get the "xecuter2 live loading" clear as day, wait a few seconds, two screen flickers and then scrambled static, no sound. Original dash loads fine. Frosty's loads fine. Unleashx loads fine from DVD, NOT from the hard drive.
Please help. I'm bashing my head against the wall on this one.
Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:53 PM
Any chance you changed the regional settings whilst you "effed about"?
My immediate thought was that you have XBMC resolution settings set on Auto rather than NTSC. Perhaps as a result of the Component connection it is trying to use a prog. scan output your TV doesn't support. Alternatively but similarly I was wondering if it is 'remembering' the settings you used for your new HD TV.
Either way ensure Auto select resolution is is turned off in XBMC by using that new HD TV to reset XBMC to NTSC. BTW restart rather than just reboot the Xbox before connecting it back up to the old TV.
If as you say you can get the original (MS dash?) displaying correctly try unchecking all the prog.scan options there too, restarting and see what happens with XBMC.
Edited by fallenangle, 03 September 2011 - 01:58 PM.
Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:17 AM
When I hooked it back up to the HDTV I realized what was scrambled on the SDTV was actually just a frozen black screen. Used Frosty's, FTP'd in, edited the x2 config, and redirected the dash to unleashx on the F drive. It workeded, so it wasn't an HDD or video issue.
Forgot to mention that I wiped and reinstalled XBMC when I switched back to my SDTV the first time. Turns out the build I used (30961) wasn't working too well. Reinstalled the latest stable version (3.0.1) and it works like a charm.
It's been years since I've had an issue so I assumed (wrong) that it was big.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users