#1 SZaiaku

SZaiaku

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:45 AM

I'm about to buy a x360usb pro to flash my drives but trying to read up on ways to power up the drive to flash. Most tools I see are for desktop. I have only notebooks with usb ports and a ExpressCard/34 port. Looking for a lost cost solution or an easily portable solution.

#2 jeminiii

jeminiii

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE(SZaiaku @ Sep 4 2011, 01:45 AM) View Post

I'm about to buy a x360usb pro to flash my drives but trying to read up on ways to power up the drive to flash. Most tools I see are for desktop. I have only notebooks with usb ports and a ExpressCard/34 port. Looking for a lost cost solution or an easily portable solution.

Im in the same situation, plann on ordering x360usb pro and power cord for dvd drive on fri. and flashing benq drive for myself for the 1st time. I will be following this thread so thanks in advance to whoever leave some helpful info.

#3 Twis7eD

Twis7eD

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:58 AM

X360USB is the way to go. That or a lizard, but I don't know much about lizards. Depending on your drive, an X360USB might be the only thing you need to buy to connect your drive to your laptop.

As for powering the drive, you can use your Xbox or a Ck3 lite or Ck3 pro. Some people don't recommend using your Xbox to power the drive, but I don't think it does any harm. And for the Ck3, you will need an external molex power supply since you are going to be using a laptop.

#4 tomgreen99200

tomgreen99200

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:41 PM

As mentioned, use the console to power the drive. Just remember to ground the console. I ground my console by having it touch my PC case while I flash the drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users