• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 folide

folide

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 06:15 PM

I received my Matrix/Xodus yesterday and flashed it with 256k.Evox2.5.err.colormod.evox.bin or something like that. I use wmilk.exe and after the third try it programmed it and verified it. I then installed it on my Xbox as per the manual and got the green light flashing. I then flipped dipswitch 1 to off and put dvd and hdd back on. When I turn my Xbox on I see the solid green light on the Matrix on however none of my backup games or Evolutionx dvd's boot up. These are the same backups that boot up on my other two Xbox's. Could it by that either the Matrix is not flashed or installed correctly. It just seems that it is bypassing it and loading the original bios. Should I remove it and reflash it? How can I test if it is flashed correctly? Does it boot up differently than the original bios if functioning correctly? I have two other Xbox's that I purchased pre-modded with Enigmah's and this is the first one I want to do all myself. Please help.

#2 netrix

netrix

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 06:41 PM

I could not get this same bios file to work either. I also had evox 2.2. I tried it and it worked. Maybe there is a prob with evox 2.5 or you got the same bad file I did. When I flash the matrix with 2.5 is said verified successfully, but when I would boot the xbox it would power off and on twice and then get the eject button blinking red.

#3 folide

folide

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 06:51 PM

Mine boots up fine, It just does not want to boot up to my backups or EvolutionX ISO. It has a thompson drive but so does one of my other ones that I purchased 2 months ago. I am using meritline DVD-R's and the PrimoDVD that came wiht my Pioneer A04/104. I am at work right now so I have not tried to reflash the chip with another bios. Will the Matrix get a green light if it has a corrupt bios? I had a hard time aligning the chip last night thats why I want to make your it could be a bad flash before I remove it to reflash it. I tried booting with CD-R, DVD-RW, and two brands of DVD-R and I keep getting the "dirty disc" error message.

#4 dssripper

dssripper

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 07:21 PM

unfortunately you will still get a green light if the bios is corrupt.
I installed the 256k.Evox2.5.err.colormod.evox.bin
on my matrix as well...worked fine for about awhile
then my box started rebooting...over and over.
I reflashed with evox2.5 and now it works fine!

DssRiPPer

#5 folide

folide

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 07:25 PM

Thank you. I think I have a bad bios then. I will try another one when I get home.

#6 hondaxbox

hondaxbox

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 08:48 PM

just get a bios checker biggrin.gif

#7 folide

folide

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 09:21 PM

Ok I just reflashed it to 256K.Evx2.5.err.colormod.ybox.bin and it worked. It must have been a bad bios. Thank you all.

#8 animal666

animal666

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 October 2002 - 02:08 AM

Ok I just reflashed it to 256K.Evx2.5.err.colormod.ybox.bin and it worked. It must have been a bad bios. Thank you all.

sounds like people dont know the different bioses. the one above looks for yboxdash.xbe, the .evox. one looks for evoxdash.xbe

Check wot version your installing first if the name is wrong it wont find your dashboard

#9 majik655

majik655

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 October 2002 - 02:59 AM

exactly..

You need to know your bios' !

The ones you were using in the beginning looks for a different dashboard than normally.

256k.Evox2.5.err.colormod.evox.bin
This looks for a dashboard named evodash or someshit.

256k.Evox2.5.err.colormod.ybox.bin
This looks for a dashboard called yboxdash or somthing...

256k.Evox2.5.err.colormod.BIN
THIS IS THE ONE YOU WANT !
In the original release of his 2.5's he put like 7 bins in a zip and in the nfo file explains what they mean. I suggest you read it before flashing so you know what you are doing.

#10 vsalt

vsalt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 October 2002 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (hondaxbox @ Oct 4 2002, 07:48 PM)
just get a bios checker biggrin.gif

What is a BIOS checker?

#11 Troll123

Troll123

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 16 October 2002 - 11:23 PM

What is a bios checker? What does it sound like it is?

#12 vsalt

vsalt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 October 2002 - 11:38 PM

It sounds like a utility that checks a bios.. but I don't know any details on it and how it could be implemented in this scenario. Please elaborate if you know the answer. Thanks!

#13 BiMP

BiMP

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Computers =P
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 17 October 2002 - 02:41 AM

I believe Bios checkers homepage is http://www.darkmoon.org/

they have a win32 app and an xbox app to check what bios your using

#14 SirLuck

SirLuck

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 October 2002 - 03:25 AM

That bioschecker only works on installed functioning modchips. Thats not much help to the author

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users