• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 spud_work

spud_work

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:44 AM

Hi, I'm a bit of a jtag virging, but I hope that you can help with this one.

If I launch xexmenu with a USB device attached (have tried 2 portable USB drives + 3 different USB sticks) the program doesn't start and I get a fatal crash intercepted message and get dumped back to the dashboard. If i launch xexmenu with no USB device connected and then connect the USB device after the program has started all of the devices work fine and the content can be seen and the games can be played. However, the next time you go to start xexmenu it is back to a fatal crash unless you unplug the USB device.

I've tried to fix this by getting a fresh copy of xexmenu and burning it to a CDR to see if the install of xexmenu has become corrupt, but the disc based version produces exactly the same results.

There are no other USB devices plugged in and i've tried all 3 USB ports and the same results are produced each time

Can anyone suggest anything else that I should try?

Many thanks

Spud

PS sorry for the lame typo in the thread heading

Edited by spud_work, 09 September 2011 - 10:12 AM.

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:23 PM

You really should be using a newer program. XeXMenu is extremely outdated. I would recommend trying FreeStyle Dash's file browser/launcher and seeing if that has the same issue. If it doesn't, the error is in XeXMenu and will likely never get fixed.

#3 GvM

GvM

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:20 PM

I was getting xexmenu black screen (or it wasn't booting at all with e71 can't remember) when the folder containing the games on external usb drive was named "games"
I end up using other name for a while but renaming to "GAMES" solved everything.
>> If i launch xexmenu with no USB device connected and then connect the USB device after the program has started all of the devices work fine and the content can be seen and the games can be played.
yeah yaeh I experienced that too! try renaming folder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users