• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Aulpay

Aulpay

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:11 PM

Hi all, this is my first post here, I will try not to bore you.

Basically, I have 2 faulty xbox's. On one the person that had it before me, broke some traces on the mainboard when trying to remove the heatsink clamps, so now you just get the RROD as soon as you turn it on. On the second one, the mainboard is fine but on the disc drive circuit board you can see scorch marks around one of the chips and the center power light flashes constantly, on the dashboard it says "Opening", but the disc doesnt spin nor does the drive tray open.

Both Drives are different, one is a VAD6038 and the other is DG-16D2S.

I was wondering if it would be possible to copy the drive key from the DG-16D2S and flash it to the VAD6038 drive so I will be able to play games on the working 360? Also what would I use/need to do this?

Thank you for reading, all help will be greatly appriciated. smile.gif

#2 Aulpay

Aulpay

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:59 PM

Possible? Yes? No? Maybe? Anyone?

#3 Twis7eD

Twis7eD

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:26 AM

Yes, it's possible but if you want to avoid being banned from Xbox LIVE then it is not recommended. You would need the program JungleFlasher, a Ck3 probe, and possibly other things like a Ck3 lite / pro, and an X360USB.

The Ck3 lite or pro would power the drive(s) as you used them. Alternatively, you could just use the Xbox itself to power the drive(s). The X360USB would be used to connect the drive(s) to your computer through USB instead of SATA. This is good for people using laptops other other who don't have the proper SATA card or onboard SATA.

#4 Aulpay

Aulpay

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:56 PM

Thanks for your reply. I have tried using Dosflash to unlock the drive with the damaged motherboard but it will not detect it sad.gif Is there any way to extract the drive key from the xbox motherboard instead?

Thanks again for your help smile.gif

#5 Twis7eD

Twis7eD

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:36 PM

Yes, there is, but it is too time consuming in my opinion. You would have to do the new reset glitch on that console. And then after you finally get everything done, you can see your DVD key and CPU key in XeLL.

#6 Aulpay

Aulpay

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:35 PM

Do I need any special equpitment to do this?

#7 Twis7eD

Twis7eD

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:16 AM

Yes, you do. You should start reading up about it in this thread. It's in very early stages and is still pretty complex (especially if you're a noobie).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users