• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jasperjtagXBG3

jasperjtagXBG3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:24 AM

We play our jasper everyday. Lastnight I put in the new retail game, Space Marine. In about 2 seconds my JTAG gets one red light, lower right if xbox postioned laying down. I thought thats odd. So I start the xbox back up, with the game still in the tray and same issue, one red light lower right corner. I take the game out and everything functions correctly with the xbox booting back up and playing older games.

Ive had this xbox for about 2 years. Never updated dvd firmware, but did check today if it would play an older backup and zero issues with the older backup. So when I bought the xbox it must have had the dvd firmware modified.

I have the 13599 dashboard.

Is this happening to other jtag's with the new game format XBG3. From something I read jtag's shouldnt be having an issue playing these games.

What do I need to do to fix this issue? The ability to play backups isnt important to me, being able to play all game formats is. Thank you.

#2 jasperjtagXBG3

jasperjtagXBG3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:31 PM

Forgot to mention it shows E66 error on the tv screen when it red rings.

#3 digipimp75

digipimp75

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:17 PM

Space Marine is one of the new XGD3 discs, and there is no firmware that supports it, even on a jtag. The game must be ran from a hdd. How did you even burn it to disc??

#4 steplay29

steplay29

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:21 PM

he never burned the game,he put in a retail disc.also if your firmware has not been updated then if wont read the xgd3 discs,but there should be an update on the disc.try reflashing back to original firmware and doing it that way or just upgrade to the latest lt+.i remember a few years back there was a similar sort of problem with the fall update.heres the link below it might solve your problem.

http://www.xbox-scen...pEZylAPOKEz.php

#5 digipimp75

digipimp75

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:08 PM

oh my bad.. read straight past that part lol. Sorry man smile.gif

#6 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:09 PM

The latest LT+ should play xbg3 discs from retail game discs just fine.

#7 jasperjtagXBG3

jasperjtagXBG3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:37 AM

Thank you for the suggestions. I pulled the dvd drive out, liteon, bummer. After tons of failed attempts at getting the tray half out trick completed, to enter into vendor mode and dump the firmware I gave up. Slept on it, tried again, epic fail. Decided to skip that and just erase the liteon and enter my dvd key from xell into LT 1.91 and write to dvd. Success....

I am know longer greated by the red light of death when inserting Space Marine {fun game} into my jtag. Instead I am prompted to accept the update to play the game. I simply skip that part and install to my harddrive and run nxe2god and can play the game.

Why did I skip the dvd update prompt... since I dont have an original backup of my 83850 v1, I wasnt sure if taking the update would complicate updating the drive in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users