#16 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:26 AM

Thanks for the info.

I should have checked my own evox.ini more thoroughly it seems. I don't use EvoX that often so I'm not as familiar with it as UnleashX and XBMC.

#17 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE(fallenangle @ Sep 13 2011, 12:04 AM) View Post
Why is what should be the main dash on the C:\drive? If it was a SID (softmod) version installed the main dash would surely be on the E:\ drive. It does suggest it has been messed up in some way
No, it could be on C - depends on the version of SID and on the options selected when it was first installed.

QUOTE(fallenangle @ Sep 13 2011, 12:04 AM) View Post
what is that default.xbe on the E:\drive
It's XBMC, installed (badly) in the root of E instead of in a directory.

Edited by Heimdall, 13 September 2011 - 11:39 AM.

#18 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:05 PM

As usual thanks for the info.

The impression I was under is that with softmods SID is always set up to put the main dash and related stuff on the E;\drive. Only with chipped machines would SID be set up to install it to the C:\drive.

I remember asking about this when I first installed a dash on my Xecuter 2.6 Xbox using AID. I was concerned when, obviously having used the chipped install option from the menu, the resulting C and E drive contents were not in the same places as with same AID disc and even earlier SID 3.1 softmodded machines. The E:\ drive in particular looked disturbingly empty in comparison to the softmods.

So I learned I was wrong to make the assumption SID's set up was fixed in stone but was left believing, obviously incorrectly, that the diffences were just between the chipped and softmodded installs. Glad I've finally been put right on that now.

#19 wristy

wristy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:59 PM

Ok guys I've burnt hexen to disc and I'm assuming I just put it in the xbox right?
Anyways I put in when its switched on and it just displays game in the top right corner with no option to play the disc.
And if I put it in and boot up with it, it just gives me the RROD. Ideas?

#20 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:53 PM

RROD is what you get on a 360, not an Xbox 1.

Cold boot with HeXEn, the LED turns red, wait 40-50 seconds and the menu will appear. Either use FTP to replace evox.ini. or use one of the HeXEn softmod install options to install a new, clean softmod. Krayzie 1.1.1, Splinter Cell is a good safe bet (but note that you DON'T need the game, it's just a useful back door for the future, and Splinter Cell can be picked up for next to nothing if you need it.)

#21 wristy

wristy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:57 PM

Ok I did do what you said but it starts to do the job but when it get to two bars and the bottom bar gets to 14% as its extracting hexon tools/boot.cfg I think it just pops up failed batch file reason delete?

and it just the same as before after booting? protected file I need to delete maybe?

it displays I have about 233mb free on drive C: and 3.788mb on drive D: in hexen if this could be a problem

I'm quite happy to replace the evo file if this is a easy option but still need guidance as I'm clueless where to
get a stock one and which one to replace so you have to be patience with me blink.gif

Edited by wristy, 13 September 2011 - 08:08 PM.

#22 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE(wristy @ Sep 13 2011, 07:57 PM) View Post

Ok I did do what you said but it starts to do the job but when it get to two bars and the bottom bar gets to 14% as its extracting hexon tools/boot.cfg I think it just pops up failed batch file reason delete?

and it just the same as before after booting? protected file I need to delete maybe?

it displays I have about 233mb free on drive C: and 3.788mb on drive D: in hexen if this could be a problem

I'm quite happy to replace the evo file if this is a easy option but still need guidance as I'm clueless where to
get a stock one and which one to replace so you have to be patience with me blink.gif

did you make space on your xboxs hard disk drive?
Heimdall advized that you deleted burnout 3 to make space for the installer to extact its files and then install them..
if you did not do that then it could well be the issue..

A point of notice is that you dont state the free soace on E:
given that hexen is a few hundred MB on disk i would definatly free up aleast 700mb-1gb of space on E: then try

#23 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:04 PM

You need around 200-250 MB free on E:

#24 wristy

wristy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:05 PM

harddisk

sercurity lock enabled
C: 297.893.888
E: 4.101.111.808
X: 786.300.789
Y: 786.300.???
Z: 784.???.???

And yes I removed burnout 3 before I tried to install

#25 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:09 AM

Did you burn the disc to a DVD-R?

Could it be a bad disc/burn or something like that? Might be worth the cost of another disc just to eliminate that possibility.

How many times have you re-tried it? You may just have been unlucky with your first attempt.

I've had this sort of thing happen with other large file copying jobs when using a less than 100% reliable USB flash drive. It consistently fails at a particular point. It's a bit weird this is happening when installing from a disc though.

My point is that before each retry you must check for and delete any, obviously incomplete, folder that may have been created during the failed process.

#26 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE(fallenangle @ Sep 14 2011, 12:09 AM) View Post

Did you burn the disc to a DVD-R?

Could it be a bad disc/burn or something like that? Might be worth the cost of another disc just to eliminate that possibility.

How many times have you re-tried it? You may just have been unlucky with your first attempt.

I've had this sort of thing happen with other large file copying jobs when using a less than 100% reliable USB flash drive. It consistently fails at a particular point. It's a bit weird this is happening when installing from a disc though.

My point is that before each retry you must check for and delete any, obviously incomplete, folder that may have been created during the failed process.

just to add to that prehaps you could clean the dvd too..
a slightly more ominous theory would be that your hard drive corrupted slightly leaving some of it messed up when it comes to reading and writing. this could in a small way explain the missing options but having said that for it to actualy boot and have options there this is highly unlikley. unless you are noticing symptoms like incredibly hot hard drive/clunking noise. scratchy noises (all from the hard disk)

#27 wristy

wristy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:12 PM

Yes I tryed it 5 times on OO7 saves and SS failed everytime at the same spot.
I can ftp into it and see if their is some left over files and try again, but I think I'm clutching at straw here.
After it failed I went and checked the disc in imgburn and it verified against the iso so again I can burn it again but pointless if it verified right. Ideas? 4 days now sad.gif
I can make a video of where it fails and what it says if its gonna help?

P.s what about the other softmod on the disc not the krayzie one the other can I try that?

Edited by wristy, 14 September 2011 - 02:21 PM.

#28 wristy

wristy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:01 PM

Ok scratch that I reburnt the disc and all is fine up and running now with XBMC
Seems the disc was a little scratched for the laser to pick it up in the xbox verified on my pc though ovs xbox laser is worn a little now laugh.gif blink.gif
Anyways thanks for all your help guys, and a big thanks to heimdall for his input and bad ass disc love.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users