• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 killab443

killab443

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:54 AM

I'm kind of a newb to the whole jtag thing as I've mainly just flashed my drive. But with I've done a bit of reading on the new reset glitch. I have an older xenon xbox with the a kernel thats obviously un-jtagable. I know that the reset glitch isn't showing support for this version yet, but I was curious if I could get a little insight. Would it be possible to revert back to an older kernel with the reset glitch? I've read that it could take as long as 2 minutes to get the xbox to boot using this method. Jtag seems more reliable overall. Could you now run a jtag only if you were able to revert back the kernal using the reset glitch? Does this seem possible?

#2 lenselijertje

lenselijertje

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:19 AM

http://free60.org/Fusesets

Fuseset 02

This is the lockdown counter for the 2BL/CB (The 2nd Bootloader, stored in NAND Flash) One of these are burned everytime the console updates it's bootloader (Which isn't very often) this is the reason that there is no way to recover a JTAG that has been updated to 2.0.8***.0, even is you have the CPU key, (2BL is encrypted with the CPU/1BL key, but is signed with Microsoft's private key so you can't change the lockdown counter in the NAND. The bootloader will fail signature checks, and panic)

#3 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:58 AM

I read that the Atmel based version of the reset glitch hack chip is getting 100% boots in under 10 seconds.

If you understood how the hack works you would understand why it will never work on Xenon.

#4 killab443

killab443

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:37 AM

Ok understood. Just googled a few more things you mentioned and I understand what your actually doing with a reset glitch. Thanks

#5 SwiftingSpeed

SwiftingSpeed

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Sep 12 2011, 12:58 PM) View Post

I read that the Atmel based version of the reset glitch hack chip is getting 100% boots in under 10 seconds.

If you understood how the hack works you would understand why it will never work on Xenon.

Hi, do you have any more information about the Atmel based hack? as a Atmel fanboy I'm quite interested in it smile.gif

#6 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Downhill Skiing, Xbox Mod Chips, Xbox Repair, Wiikey, ARGON, D2pro, XBOX360,

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE(SwiftingSpeed @ Sep 13 2011, 03:28 AM) View Post

Hi, do you have any more information about the Atmel based hack? as a Atmel fanboy I'm quite interested in it smile.gif

This is the web site for it. http://www.360squirt.com/

SQUIRT360 “THE FIRST ACTEL GLITCH HACK”
These are the specs:

- A3P060 ACTEL 100Mhz (double speed then XILINX version)
- Oscillator on board (super stable then other solutions)
- ZIF15 pin JTAG updatable (compatible with INJECTUS JTAG programmer)
- DYNAMIC GLITCH CONFIGURATION (users can setup timing for a perfect glitch on each console)

The 100 Mhz speed allow to grant a perfect GLITCH in about 5 seconds, this mean BOOT X360 in 10 times less time then other solutions.

PRICE? Really CHEAPER!
Prototype pictures in the next days, review soon… stay tuned 360Squirt.com

so waiting for reviews now.

#7 d4m4n

d4m4n

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Sep 13 2011, 01:43 PM) View Post

This is the web site for it. http://www.360squirt.com/

SQUIRT360 “THE FIRST ACTEL GLITCH HACK”
These are the specs:

- A3P060 ACTEL 100Mhz (double speed then XILINX version)
- Oscillator on board (super stable then other solutions)
- ZIF15 pin JTAG updatable (compatible with INJECTUS JTAG programmer)
- DYNAMIC GLITCH CONFIGURATION (users can setup timing for a perfect glitch on each console)

The 100 Mhz speed allow to grant a perfect GLITCH in about 5 seconds, this mean BOOT X360 in 10 times less time then other solutions.

PRICE? Really CHEAPER!
Prototype pictures in the next days, review soon… stay tuned 360Squirt.com

so waiting for reviews now.

Don't mix Atmel and Actel. Two different companies. That A3P060 Actel chip is a FPGA chip. It's much more expensive than the Xilinx CPLD chip. A bit overkill for this. Maybe they are using it because they are familiar with it from their other products (which are not good quality in software).

#8 sinn78

sinn78

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE(SwiftingSpeed @ Sep 13 2011, 03:28 AM) View Post

are you a fan from the davetv days? lol laugh.gif ph34r.gif

#9 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE(d4m4n @ Sep 13 2011, 07:18 AM) View Post

Don't mix Atmel and Actel. Two different companies. That A3P060 Actel chip is a FPGA chip. It's much more expensive than the Xilinx CPLD chip. A bit overkill for this. Maybe they are using it because they are familiar with it from their other products (which are not good quality in software).

My bad, The names are so close.

#10 SwiftingSpeed

SwiftingSpeed

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:01 PM

Then I understand, wondered how they were able to pull it off as the Atmel chips are so slow, at least the AVR based ones that I'm interested in.

#11 syntaxerror329

syntaxerror329

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE(SwiftingSpeed @ Sep 13 2011, 03:01 PM) View Post

Then I understand, wondered how they were able to pull it off as the Atmel chips are so slow, at least the AVR based ones that I'm interested in.

No no, i screwed up and meant to say Actel all along, there are no Atmel based reset glitch hacks.

#12 firebuddie

firebuddie

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:41 PM

Check these posts out ....http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34888&page=4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddxcb
Downgrading the CB? That is not possible.

Actually my jasper was at 6751 when i dumped it, but i used 6750 to
build my glitch image. to be most accurate you cant downgrade all
cb's

ahhh i know the problem now you need to downgrade ur 6751 down to
6750 there will be a fix very soon im told by the guys over at
#libxenon

edit: just found this
http://do.not.emailm...necessaire.html

Last edited by sneakypeanut; 2 Days Ago at 12:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users