5 replies to this topic

#1 Terry_Bogard

Terry_Bogard

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:52 PM

I upgraded my Unleash X version to 0.39.0222a Build 572 everything went through smoothly, at first. Until I noticed the infotext that displays hard drive space, nickname, etc. became ultra huge. Sure I have a plasma screen HDTV which goes up to 1080p & 1080i, but it never increased text in the previous UX version whenever I used 480p custom skins, it used to upscale everything just fine. It doesn't do this for default blue dash just the others (strange). This problem was talked about before in another thread but the topic wasn't specific to this issue, so I started this topic to, hopefully, resolve it once and for all.

In the last topic I was told to find smaller sized xpr files, additionally someone suggested I ask over at the UX Dashboard forums which I have done. No reply. Changing the xpr text didn't work either. What are my options? How am I going to shrink that infotext down?

Edited by Terry_Bogard, 14 September 2011 - 12:34 AM.

#2 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE(Terry_Bogard @ Sep 13 2011, 11:52 PM) View Post

I upgraded my Unleash X version to 0.39.0222a Build 572 everything went through smoothly, at first. Until I noticed the infotext that displays hard drive space, nickname, etc. became ultra huge. Sure I have a plasma screen HDTV which goes up to 1080p & 1080i, but it never increased text in the previous UX version whenever I used 480p custom skins, it used to upscale everything just fine. It doesn't do this for default blue dash just the others (strange). This problem was talked about before in another thread but the topic wasn't specific to this issue, so I started this topic to, hopefully, resolve it once and for all.

In the last topic I was told to find smaller sized xpr files, additionally someone suggested I ask over at the UX Dashboard forums which I have done. No reply. Changing the xpr text didn't work either. What are my options? How am I going to shrink that infotext down?

try the ini file settings.
I knopw they controll the positioning but cant be sure about the size unless i look.. currently working on a 360 though so no time right now. (having a smoke break)

#3 Terry_Bogard

Terry_Bogard

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:35 AM

My Xbox is not with me, I'll check the ini file soon as I get back home tomorrow. Where might the ini file be? I know of the config file where I tried to shrink and replace xbr files (in the skin). Is there an ini inside the dashboard some where that controls other dashboards?

Edited by Terry_Bogard, 14 September 2011 - 02:38 AM.

#4 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:16 AM

I hadn't forgotten about your original thread/problem. Only reason I haven't posted is that I haven't found a solution.

I still don't understand when edited to specify a particular font the UnleashX skin.xml at 480p why both the main menu items and source items display in that font no problem. But swap to 1080i and whilst the main menu items remain the same all the source items adopt a significantly enlarged version of what looks like the same font.

I'd not thought to do any testing with the other UnleashX dash versions. I have two others available apart from v.572 so I'll try a few experiments with those when I have the time. It would be ironic if it was some unrecorded peculiarity of v.572. However as you've said yourself the default blue skin doesn't experience the problem so my guess is that it isn't this and remains that it's something to do with the way each particular skin was originally created and for what resolution.

Consequently I'm sceptical that there will be some easy editing solution but I hope I'm wrong.

#5 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:20 AM

QUOTE(Terry_Bogard @ Sep 14 2011, 02:35 AM) View Post

My Xbox is not with me, I'll check the ini file soon as I get back home tomorrow. Where might the ini file be? I know of the config file where I tried to shrink and replace xbr files (in the skin). Is there an ini inside the dashboard some where that controls other dashboards?

I had a quick look in the ini and i dont see any reall values that would corespond to the size so i dont think its gonna help sorry.
all i can see are the positioning co-ordinates

#6 Terry_Bogard

Terry_Bogard

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:15 AM

Appreciate the response fellas.

Fallenangle, let me know if the version you try corrects the flaw. Also, are there any quick tests you can conduct that will determine whether or not it corrupts save files?

Will get to the bottom of this yet!

Edited by Terry_Bogard, 14 September 2011 - 09:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users