• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 maniaci137

maniaci137

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Any sort of modding, hacking or anything else requiring soldering.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:34 AM

Would this actually work? Does anyone know which value resistor to use here?

#2 Technitian3

Technitian3

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:alchemy, metallurgy, philosophy
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:59 AM

It's a diode, not a resistor. 1n4148 would be fine.

#3 barnhilltrckn

barnhilltrckn

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:46 AM

Yes the mod to the rf adapter works very well. I did this about a year ago and ive been using my wirless controller on my pc ever since and its just as good as having the official M$ adapter.

Also the diode is only needed to drop the 5v from the usb down to 3.3. What ive actually done for mine is found a good 3.3 point on my pc's motherboard and soldered a wire to that so i didnt have to worry about a diode and then mounted it inside of my pc case for neatness(if thats a word:p). Then i used one of the unused headers on my mobo for usb instead of using an actual usb port on the outside of the case, see what im saying??

I have been using it for awhile now and i love it. Also the best thing about it is it will let you connect up to four controllers at the same time just like it was in an xbox and it can even use the wireless guitars for guitar hero on the pc. They only have GH3 and GH Aerosmith for pc i beleive but its still pretty cool none the less. Just go for it and i promise you will NOT be dissapointed. cool.gif

#4 Xboxee

Xboxee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:22 AM

@barnhilltrckn - I have one question. How do you synchronize your home made adapter with controllers?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users