• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thing188

thing188

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:22 AM

Hey guys, this has been frustrating me for a while, and research hasn't been doing me much good. I recently tried to update the bios on my X2.3b lite mod chip from 4983.06 to 5035 and I thought everything went well because I was able to boot the xbox up again and it showed the upgraded bios. After I restarted the xbox once there were no problems either, however when I came back later and turned it on it just kept giving me error 05, even though I have the mod chip turned on and all the LEDs indicate that the chip is on. No matter what I do now, the xbox boots to error 5. I even checked all the connections between the mod chip components and between the mod chip and the mother board. Could this problem be happening because of a bad flash/unstable version of the bios? or does this sound like a problem with the mod chip?

Thanks in advance guys!

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:59 PM

It isn't booting from the chip. Check the D0 connection.

#3 thing188

thing188

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:32 AM

I already did, checked the state of the solder joint on the motherboard and then used a multimeter to verify that the connection was good trough to the mod chip, so I don't think that's the problem. Is this actually a problem with the chip though? At first I figured that if the bios flash was bad, the xbox wouldn't even start up or I would have more significant problems then error 5, but then again why would the xbox just stop booting from the chip after I flashed it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users