• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LWKeeping

LWKeeping

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:43 AM

Ok, before I get any comments about how much of a "noob" I am, let me save both you and I some time by first saying: Yes. Yes I am a Jtag noob. The first step is admitting that I have a problem.

Ok, now, on to the important stuff.
I've had my Jtag console for a little under a month now, and I have yet to plug in the ethernet cable.

I've set up everything, as far as XeXmenu and Freestyle Dash..etc.. and am able to play games without a problem.

What I'm having trouble understanding is whether or not I can go on LIVE.
In Dash Launch I chose "yes" to not receive anything incoming from Microsoft (Can't remember specifically what it said). But I'm still (maybe overly) cautious about plugging it in.

So, from one Jtag noob to a past-Jtag noob; What, if any precautions should I take to insure that my console will not be raped by Microsoft?

Also, if I am safe, and I do plug it in, can I still play games through the LIVE server, or am I confined to Xlink Kai?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:55 AM

Exploited or glitched console = no LIVE. The only multiplayer option you have is LAN games via Kai or similar services.

As for protections, blocking LIVE via Dash Launch is your best option.

#3 LWKeeping

LWKeeping

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:16 AM

Thanks, Aldanga.

I was pretty sure that's what the answer was going to be, but I needed to be 100% sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users