• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 moisespteixeira

moisespteixeira

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:18 PM

I remember some years back in time, that the PSP had a Java platform emulator, the PSPKVM.
So now I'm wondering, does the Xbox have a Java emulator? And if not, why? It does have best specs than the PSP, better internet connection... I'm a noob, so to my noob brain this is hard to understand. Maybe this had never come to the mind of developers...

More than the thousand cel phone games, you can run the Opera Mini and get access to web content (and it runs really well even on PSP)!

Here's an example of PSPKVM:

Maybe we should also try requesting help from the original developers...

I'm sharing some links to help us finding the developers and getting some answers:
http://pspkvm.org/blog/, http://dl.qj.net/psp...spkvm-v055.html

and the e-mails: feedback@pspkvm.org, pspkvm@gmail.com

Thanks everyone!

#2 worldwhore3

worldwhore3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Interests:softmods, xbox linux,
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:05 AM

java is a programming language, not a operating system. hence you do not emulate java.

one would have to create an application which processes java code.

if noone here programs in java, you likely wont see any work ever with your idea. you better get crackin over there if you want it.

#3 moisespteixeira

moisespteixeira

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:07 PM

Uhmmm, you're right! cool.gif
Thanks for the correction and for answering my topic! Took a while to see someone interested. sad.gif

#4 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE(worldwhore3 @ Sep 26 2011, 02:05 AM) View Post

java is a programming language, not a operating system. hence you do not emulate java.

one would have to create an application which processes java code.
if noone here programs in java, you likely wont see any work ever with your idea. you better get crackin over there if you want it.

You need the ability to create a java virtual machine that can process java bytecode. This is actually a lot closer to an (virtual) operating system and/or emulator than anything else. The best way on xbox is via xbox-linux.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users